turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening morning of youth and Connor was able to put his 10th turkey down

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 04, 2020, 08:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

Yesterday connor told me he didn't really care if he killed one today or not and he really wanted to go somewhere not as likely to kill right off of the roost so he could hunt all day. We decided to go to a spot that I haven't been on since youth season of last year but usually the birds roost in the same spot. We made it to our spot, I got the decoys put and was getting things put of my vest when a owl sounded off behind me and this guy gobbled about 100 yards over the bank. When he gobble I thought to myself there is a really good chance he is gonna get a shot at this one. I waited until I heard him hit the ground and started calling. I bet he gobbled around 70 times after he hit the ground. After a little coaxing I finally got him to break and come in. He made it to about 28 yards and I told Connor to go ahead and he rolled him. I was able to get it all on video. He weighted 20 pound 14 ounces, had a 10 in beard and 1 in spurs. To say he was excited would be a understatement. This makes the 20th turkey we have killed with my little single shot and Connors 10th turkey, I am very proud of the hunter he has became.

fishr64

Sir-diealot

Congratulations young man, great looking bird and great smile as well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoteduster

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

This is a breath of fresh air. That smile is what we need, a young man proud of his harvest. That smile proves we all will get by this. Congrats my friend....

ddturkeyhunter

Super Congrats to Conner, and terrific he has a dad like you to take him out..

Bearcat1997

mhamby

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

tomstopper

That's awesome. Congrats to you both

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk