OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: TK 2000 2.0  (Read 2715 times)

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
TK 2000 2.0
« on: April 04, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »
Almost identical story as last week. Did not kill the bird we setup on.   He was led off by hens.  But we killed the second bird to show up.   My son and I split up and fired up the three hens and their buddy in tow.  That is literally the same dead log my nephew posed on last week. 3/4 mile from the truck and my son killed him within 5 steps of the bird last week.  Nice 2 year old on public land with a muzzleloader.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline mmorgan9812

Re: TK 2000 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »
Awesome kill! I have yet to even load my TK2000 yet, what shot did you use?

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 03:07:04 PM »
I bought some Fed HW#7 12 gauge and was not very impressed with pattern in a couple of guns (none of them mine), but I bought them on mega sale for the shot-cheaper per ounce than bulk shot.  I take out the shot (minus buffer), put it in a 3.5 inch wad and fill it the rest of the way with #5 copper plated lead.  85 grams powder. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 06:48:28 PM »

Gobbling this morning.  Guest of honor this evening. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 07:52:28 PM »
Congratulations to your son. I was just in the gun store talking to the owner about the same gun 5 hours ago, how much does it cost to get into it beyond the cost of the gun? I wanted to get a flint lock but can't seem to find any with turkey chokes.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 08:00:01 PM »
Ballistic Products has all the components.  You can get a little crazy with heavier than lead shot, but a lot of folks get really good patterns with this gun in #5 or #6 lead.  I got decent patterns with #5 copper plated but when I went to the #7 HW/#5 copper plated lead duplex load, it is really good. 

Powder, (+/- gas seal), Cup, shot, overshot card.  A box of shotgun primers and the plastic they go in.  Good cleaning kit which you likely already have. 

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 08:09:15 PM »
Ballistic Products has all the components.  You can get a little crazy with heavier than lead shot, but a lot of folks get really good patterns with this gun in #5 or #6 lead.  I got decent patterns with #5 copper plated but when I went to the #7 HW/#5 copper plated lead duplex load, it is really good. 

Powder, (+/- gas seal), Cup, shot, overshot card.  A box of shotgun primers and the plastic they go in.  Good cleaning kit which you likely already have.
Am I okay to keep asking questions? I don't want to hijack the thread?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 08:23:06 PM »
By all means brother.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 08:38:30 PM »
Okay, I do have some powders, mainly for my .45 and my .50 caliber muzzle loaders, I also have Pyrodex though that is for a .45 caliber, I THINK the powders are 4 and 5 F without looking, maybe 3 and 5 F I have not used them in a while but would those powders work? Also I had been using a Lee Loadall 2 for reloading for Sporting Clays before my accident, I think those pellets were number 6 or smaller, would they work for shot? Edit: I just went and looked and it is 3F

John Koenig:

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 08:54:25 PM »
Not sure if FFFg is okay or not.  I use FFg (pyrodex).  Maybe some of the more experienced M/L users can chime in on that. I know FFg is recommended for shotguns.

Lots of folks get good results with #6 pellets

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 09:10:18 PM »
Not sure if FFFg is okay or not.  I use FFg (pyrodex).  Maybe some of the more experienced M/L users can chime in on that. I know FFg is recommended for shotguns.

Lots of folks get good results with #6 pellets
Okay, thank you very much for the help and taking time.

John Koenig: