OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Federal Grand Slam  (Read 2931 times)

Offline macaduna

Federal Grand Slam
« on: April 03, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »
Has anybody patterned these shells with the new flight control wad yet? I used to shoot the mag shock with the old wad but when I upgraded to an Indian Creek choke switched because you weren't supposed to shoot that wad through it. Curious how they'll match up to LBXR. Federal's website says they're safe shoot out of ported chokes but haven't seen anything from IC regarding the new wad. Looking for input. Thanks.

Offline mmorgan9812

Re: Federal Grand Slam
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:22:54 PM »
shot some today against Long Beard XR's both #5's.. I had TSS choke .650 in gun instead of what I use for Long Beards .660 choke and it didn't do to well at 40yds. I need to change chokes and shoot more to give you a honest answer.

Offline POk3s

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 10:11:31 PM »
Oddly enough I JUST tried them. Clicked this link to see if there were any comparisons. Hevi shot shoots best out of my gun for what I’ve tried and this was comparable. Some holes in the pattern but the density in my 10” circle was virtually the same. They’re worth picking up a box and seeing how they work in my opinion. Remington 887 with Carlson choke.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 12:11:25 PM »
Look in lead shell pattern pics

Offline macaduna

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 10:23:44 AM »
Thank you all

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 03:21:05 PM »
They were my go to round back in the early 2000's with a Remington SuperMag combo'ed with a Star Dot choke tube but that was before the flight control wad system.

Offline AppalachianHollers

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 04:04:50 PM »
I cannot seem to find these anywhere at a reasonable price. Online is mostly sold out or pricey to pay S&H for just one box to pattern. Hoping after the season’s over they’ll be on the shelf so I can pattern them against Longbeard XR’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk