OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

USA Turkey Products

Started by Walnutbottomout, April 02, 2020, 07:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Walnutbottomout on April 02, 2020, 07:06:35 AM
With all of the crap China has put us through I'd like to start consciously buying USA products as much as I can. What's your favorite USA made turkey hunting company/product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see that Vortex and Avian-X post :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:

MK M GOBL

Happy

It will probably be coming with the double bull blinds.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

I don't think the Health Care workers care from where the N95 mask and PPE come from as long as they have one . So think about that ...

Gooserbat

Quote from: Devastator on April 02, 2020, 07:19:23 PM
Hook's custom call's and Leupold!!!!

Leupolds glass is not made in the US.  The rest of the scope is.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom007

I did see on the news that some of the N95 masks were made in Wuhan China. Those masks I would be Leary of.  :turkey2:

gunboy203

Got to go with Yoder49 shortbox holsters and S&S Box calls....   2 Great American Items....!!!!

dzsmith

+1 for leupold. by the way for all you veterans that use the vortex military discount....leupold offers the VIP discount to, only difference is leupold is at least somewhat American made. Vortex is not American made, the only thing even American assembled is the razor series optics. and they are one of the least customizable optics out there, especially if you use the discount where you can only get full in stock products. Not knocking vortex because I own some of there stuff, but its not that special , its just built to a price point. Leupolds flagship scopes at least are American made.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

MK M GOBL

Quote from: dzsmith on April 03, 2020, 11:01:49 PM
Vortex is not American made, the only thing even American assembled is the razor series optics..

Just a heads-up

There is only 1 line assembled in USA... (and talking rifle scopes here, there are NO binoculars, spotting scopes or rangefinders made in USA, most are China and Philippines and better models come from Japan)

Riflescopes
Vortex Razor HD LH - model is manufactured in Japan.
Vortex Razor HD – manufactured in Japan.
Vortex Razor HD Gen II – models are built in Japan.
Vortex Razor HD Gen II-E – is built in Japan as well.
Vortex Razor HD AMG – Currently the Vortex Razor HD AMG is the top tier of the Vortex scope offerings. It's an FFP scope built on a 30mm tube in a 6-24X50 configuration. The HD AMG is designed to offer the best long-range shooting, hunting, and tactical scope option in the Vortex line. Unlike the rest of the Razor scope series, the HD AMG models are manufactured in the U.S. Supposedly, the lenses are built in Japan, and then the scope is assembled by Vortex in the US.

Unfortunately, the only current Vortex scope model that is made/assembled in America is their top of the line Razor HD AMG scope, which runs around $2000.

Not against Vortex Optics just putting the right info out there.

MK M GOBL

dzsmith

so...what did you say different from what I said. I didn't want to go into the detail on the razor line up . I actually own a razor hd lh that is now discontinued.....like most of the decent things they've made. In my opinion they just don't make hunter friendly optics unless you buy their cheap stuff and at that point you might as well step up to the leupold vx-3 and call it a day. im not so sure that Swarovski, meopta, and other euro optic companies binos are outsourced to Asian countries.  I haven't checked but im willing to bet they aren't. Course they aren't American products either. I must admit. Swarovski is a fine optic, along with meopta.

Devastator

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 03, 2020, 02:47:58 PM

Leupolds glass is not made in the US.  The rest of the scope is.
Hook's Custom Call's then,is that better??

FL-Boss

God I hope Thermacell isn't made in China  lol....

slicksbeagles1

Some models of redwing boots are not made in USA you just have to check, at least they list them to where manufactured.

Dtrkyman

A friend of mine builds the mouth calls for bone collector at his home in Missouri!

Probably Chinese parts?

MK M GOBL

Quote from: dzsmith on April 04, 2020, 01:53:42 AM
so...what did you say different from what I said.

Only point I was making that it is not the "Razor Line" that is made/assembled in USA, there are a number of "Razor Scopes" and only one version is USA made/assembled...

I deal with this all the time and work and live near their headquarters. Most think they are made and coming right here from WI...

Same goes with some Leupold product, and Yes some Leica and Zeiss lower end are outsourced, Have not seen this with Swarovski (they have no "low end") and Meopta produces their own and also products badged for many other companies.

MK M GOBL

dzsmith

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on April 04, 2020, 08:21:35 PM
Some models of redwing boots are not made in USA you just have to check, at least they list them to where manufactured.
correct. the vast majority actually aren't. I believe there heritage series are. I know the pecos steel toe can remember which model specifically but its a very common one is American made. Redwing til I die.....