OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Out of State Hunting  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Out of State Hunting
« on: March 31, 2020, 01:40:52 PM »
Hope none of you guys were planning any trips to Nebraska this spring. I see they are shutting down all out of state license sales.

We'll see how many other states follow.

Offline jarbo03

• The Boss Gobbler
  • FEAR THE BEARD!!
Re: Out of State Hunting
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 09:54:53 AM »
Kansas is still selling non-resident tags, but they are requiring a 14-day quarantine before hunting. My area has been reduced to 1 tag only, hopefully have a chance to head out west for a Rio and a second bird.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 12:58:49 PM »
Will see how it goes. Still holding out hope that this all calms down before season hits. Only out of state hunting i do is in Wv so hopefully I can still do that.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 09:55:59 PM »
Will see how it goes. Still holding out hope that this all calms down before season hits. Only out of state hunting i do is in Wv so hopefully I can still do that.

I think the worst is still to come for our area. After today I think people are going to take it more seriously.

Online Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 01:14:52 AM »
I'm probably just staying in state and hitting Missouri since it's just 18 miles to the state line.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 08:25:50 AM »

I think the worst is still to come for our area. After today I think people are going to take it more seriously.
Maybe so, I honestly think if we had been testing for this back in January it would have been discovered. Lot of people I know went to the doctor thinking they had the flu and tested negative. So I would bet it's already made its rounds at least once in most areas. We do have 2 confirmed cases in Allegheny co and 3 in Garrett. But whatever it is it is. I am working at home and just sitting back and watching. Only time will tell how it all shakes out.

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 06:57:02 PM »
I may but Ohio because I can drive each morning.  But canceled everything else.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 11:28:40 AM »
Got a reply to an email I sent to West virginia DNR. They are fine with hunting now as long as it is not a national forest or closed area. They did say to check back right before season but as of now I am good to go.

Offline JL_Longbeard

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 10:51:37 AM »
Got a reply to an email I sent to West virginia DNR. They are fine with hunting now as long as it is not a national forest or closed area. They did say to check back right before season but as of now I am good to go.
Oh sweet Jesus, I was scouring their website looking for specific info but couldn’t find any. So don’t buy your license until you cross the state line on the 20th is what your saying.... this sucks man. I canceled my NM trip and if this get axed too, I’m gonna loose my $h!t.

Where “abouts” do you hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 11:52:30 AM »
Oh sweet Jesus, I was scouring their website looking for specific info but couldn’t find any. So don’t buy your license until you cross the state line on the 20th is what your saying.... this sucks man. I canceled my NM trip and if this get axed too, I’m gonna loose my $h!t.

Where “abouts” do you hunt?

Grant, Tucker, Mineral, Preston counties for the most part. I am a member of a 65000 acre timber lease. That sounds great but it is actually pretty similar to public land. Maybe worse since everybody drives ATV and side by sides all over the place and road hunts it.

Offline JL_Longbeard

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 05:51:33 PM »
It’s does sound pretty good. I can’t believe the number of folks that own those $12-$18k UTV’s down there.

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 08:45:22 PM »
Ohio isn't selling out of state licenses anymore so i'm down to hunting West Virginia only.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 10:24:42 AM »
Ohio isn't selling out of state licenses anymore so i'm down to hunting West Virginia only.

States keep making that change. Anyone planning to make any trips this spring better buy their licenses now.