OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835/Kicks GT - What size constriction?

Started by Buckman18, March 28, 2020, 09:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckman18

I got an old Mossberg 835 in Army camo from the pawn shop recently. I'm going to get a Kicks GT choke tube for it. My question is what constriction would you recommend,  as Kicks offers a big selection?

I'll be shooting Winchester LB 3.5's, either in 4's or 5's, whichever patterns best. I like bigger shot.

What say you? I am leaning to .680, but want your thoughts.

chipper

I had really good results with a .670 and Hevi #7's.

Tennessee Lead

I have a .675 GT it does good but the Carlson Longbeard .683 patterns better in my 835 with the Longbeard loads.
Just something to consider unless you are dead set on a GT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seminoleturkey

bbcoach

Most 835's like chokes in the .670 to .676 range.  I use a .670 Pure Gold with Hevi 7's.  LB's shoot real tight at close range.  If you have the .690 XX full Turkey choke, that comes with that gun, start there.  Then drop down if the pattern isn't what you want.

Bobby5

i bought my girlfriend a kicks gt .680 and it shoots longbeard 3.5 #5 really good. I just ordered the carlson long beard choke tube (.683) and im gonna test that out. I know carlsons are made in usa but not sure where the kicks are made. It doesnt have made in usa or anything on the package one reason i didnt buy another kicks. Figured it would have made in usa on the package if it was.  I know that doesnt matter to some people but i try to buy usa made when i can. Plus the carlson was cheaper.