OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Season Review

Started by GobbleNut, May 12, 2011, 10:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Due to being gone a lot and then trying to get caught up at work when I was around home, I have not been able to participate much on the forum.  I thought I would share a few thoughts and pictures of my season.

I may have set a personal record for days hunting this year.  I believe I was out 27 days this spring, starting in Georgia, where I hunted three days with OG member Bobby Parks.   Had a great time and want to thank Bobby for putting up with me for several days. This is the gobbler I took on the second day of that hunt.

Next, seven of us headed for Oklahoma for their opener on April 6th.  We hunted five days there.  I barely managed to kill a bird on the last morning of the hunt.  In fact, I didn't even have time to get some good pictures of my gobbler before we loaded up and headed back to NM.  This was my highest scoring bird of the season.  The picture is lousy but it's the best I could do after getting back home.

Our NM season started on April 15th, and I was able to spend 17 days afield here, some of that hunting for myself,...and a lot helping other hunters.  I managed to take two nice Merriams gobblers, and got to watch a few others get their birds.  Here are my two birds from NM.

All in all, it has been another great season.  I managed to harvest four gobblers,....and if the truth be known, I should have killed at least two more really good birds  that I let get away unscathed due to my tendency to want to enjoy the show more than kill a bird.

I hope each of you has had a memorable spring, as well.  ...And for those on our team that are still out hunting,...go get'em,....we still need another couple of good birds to make a showing in the contest!

Jim

anthonyjhallen

Looks like you are still hunting em hard Jim.  I am glad you had a good season.

Next year be on the lookout, I am in the planning stages for another adventure that may bring me your way.....

GobbleNut

Hey, Anthony,....you know you're always welcome!  Come on down!
Hope you are still hunting back that way and get that second gobbler!
Jim

hookedspur

Nice , I hope to take one of those someday
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

That last picture is SUPER!!!!

Beautiful looking bird!!

Congrats on a great season of hunts and fellowship!!

God Bless,
David B.

WillowRidgeCalls

Congrats on another good season GN.  :z-guntootsmiley:
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott