OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally pulled the trigger on one (Pics)

Started by eorlando, March 28, 2020, 06:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eorlando

Finally got the monkey off my back...... It has been a rough start to the season with 2 missed opportunities during youth season, henned up birds on another permit, and more missed opportunities trying to get an out of state buddy his bird. Fortunately, @sflswamphunter and I found a nice 2 year old that wanted to play this morning. He was fired up and probably gobbled 50 times before he met his maker.  There is nothing like the sound of a bird gobbling at 25 yards. Feeling his gobble shake the ground beneath you and rattle your bones is a feeling that will never get old!!!!! Thanks again Brady for bringing me along!!!!! Hopefully I can find one more to tag out for the season down here Florida, or one for my 6 year old son Easton...... We shall see......

20200328_074353 (1) by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

20200328_095842 (1) by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

owlhoot

yelpy

It doesn't matter the age of the bird it's the enjoyment of the hunt and that addicting gobble that makes it all worth while.

Congrat's!

Tom007

Rzrbac

Congrats. Love the coloring on those Osceola birds.

Greg Massey

Sixes

JeffC

Awesome job Eric, and thank you for all the pictures,  good luck getting your son on one of those long spur gobblers.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Harty

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

tlh2865

Kytomgetter

Congrats that's some great pics. Thanks for sharing

Fullfan

Congrtas, you are serious about it, range finder and all.
Don't gobble at me...

eorlando

Quote from: Fullfan on March 29, 2020, 09:20:34 AM
Congrtas, you are serious about it, range finder and all.
Thanks!!!  It is nice to be able to get to a setup and just range a few trees rather than guess. I guess I like the added assurance. I have gotten so use to it being there deer hunting with my Leica binoculars that I dont even know it is there anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk