turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Use that Permethrin!

Started by bbcoach, March 27, 2020, 04:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

Just wanted to put this out there.  A buddy and I were out scouting yesterday and I came home and found a tick crawling up my arm.  I wasn't in the woods more than 10 minutes, walking roads and listening mostly but I picked up a hitch hiker.  I normally spray everything but it has been cool here so I let it slide.  With seasons starting and the weather warming up DON"T FORGET to use it.

Greg Massey

Southerngobbler

You could have the corona and the lime at the same time

Gobblerslobber

I had a lone star tick perched on the end of my Indian creek this morning!

tha bugman

Amen I sprayed all of our clothes yesterday!

RutnNStrutn

Sprayed down my hunting clothes, boots and hat before the season started.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

Still scouting here in VA and found a tick a couple of Saturdays ago after I got home.  Put Permethrin on a set of clothes just for scouting after that.  My nieces husband is a K9 officer and was out with his dog training the other day and had a lone star tick on him, he's pretty worried right now.  My vet said it was going to be a bad year for ticks. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

I picked up a tick in the woods in Georgia in DECEMBER! Guys THE single most dangerous creature in the woods is smaller than the end of your little finger!! USE PERMETHRIN!!

Gobbler428

I will be spraying all my hunting cloths and boots this weekend. Everyone needs to do this and stay safe!

Dtrkyman

I spray all my outer wear, also shower in that top secret bio shield stuff, and use their laundry detergent on all my socks and undies and such all season!

No tick issues in a long time!

Southernson13

If anyone has the chemical aversion to permethrin or would rather apply directly to skin, picaridin is almost equally effective and the red repel bottles last a while for $7

Cut N Run

Going to listen for gobbles in the morning, then spraying all my hunting clothes after that.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

tomstopper

Quote from: Cut N Run on March 27, 2020, 10:25:08 PM
Going to listen for gobbles in the morning, then spraying all my hunting clothes after that.

Jim
Bingo. Doing the same rite now and when I get home. Nothing better than sitting here listening to the woods come alive. Well except for hunting one. Lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Tetelestai

Ticks are bad, but the permethrin will help with those hummingbird sized mosquitoes in Baka woods and those nasty redbugs as well. I thoroughly spray down before hitting the woods.

TonyTurk

Quote from: Southerngobbler on March 27, 2020, 04:47:34 PM
You could have the corona and the lime at the same time

:TooFunny:  That's a good one!  We could all use a little humor right about now.