OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning tss

Started by turkeymanjim, March 25, 2020, 02:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeymanjim

Has anyone tried browning tss 7x9 in there 20 gauge. If so, what's your opinion on them, better then federal tss or not?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hammer head

Been wondering how they compare to any of the others on the market myself, surely someone on here has tried them?

Zeke6685

I tried them last year out of my Stoeger 3020. Shot a nice even pattern, better than the fed 7-9 blends but not as good as the fed straight 9's. If you are wanting to shoot a blend they would be worth a try.  them through and IC .555. I believe it put 237 in the 10" at 40 yds.

Red vyper

Killed a nice bird last weekend with the Browning Blend at a easy 40 plus yards
Sumtoy 562 weatherby sa-459 gun

DaMitch

I have not tried this load but a hunting friend has and gets almost identical patterns with the Browning load and federal blend 5,6,7.

SumToy

it has been the better of the normal over the counter stuff.   Now Apex or Nitro has did better.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ahfox16

Quote from: SumToy on April 19, 2020, 11:44:03 AM
it has been the better of the normal over the counter stuff.   Now Apex or Nitro has did better.

My gunsmith has patterned it.  Said it shoots better then Federal in a variety of chokes.