turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question About North Mountain Gear Pullover

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 25, 2020, 11:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Just curious, how heavy/hot are these pullovers? I'd love one in bottomland, but I hunt in a very hot climate. Some of our spring days will be in the 90s before season is over. Is this pullover made to wear in hot weather? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Spitten and drummen

Love mine. A little heavier than others but are made better in my opinion. I wear a tee shirt under mine and it still gets a little warm. If a breeze is blowing its not too bad in my opinion. Overall I like both of mine and would purchase again.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RUN-N-GUN

It's nice with just a dry fit t-shirt underneath. It's sorta heavyish but breath's very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

I think it's the best option. I would say it's not as heavy as some others specifically the Nomad. I thought the Nomad was much heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southernson13

I just ordered the runpro suit off Amazon. Very nice on the wallet but with shipping changes due to Corona it is not scheduled to get here till April 22. Irritated is the word since season goes out may 1st but at least I'll have it for my SD trip that will likely get cancelled ???? oddly enough my new replacement decoys got here in three days????

Old Gobbler

I went out and bought one from NORTH MOUNTAIN 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier,  I've owned a few leafy suits over the years but this one outshines them all by a far margin, I got the one that looks like leaves ...and they nailed it on the head...the bottom land is nice I may buy one of those too

1) its very "fluffy " with lots of leafy fabric , it really breaks up the outline

2) its quality built ....nice deep pockets on the Pants and jacket...and they have zippers

3) it breathes good , Its hot down here , and I simply have socks , underwear and then this suit no pants or t shirt....its nice !!

4) it's got a pullover hood ...nice again

It's one of those items you get where you are tempted to buy a backup for it cause you like it so much, that's size large I think , and I'm 160lbs ...I think this size would be good for someone up to 180ish...but a loose fit I think is better

This gobbler never saw me this morning

--Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Beards and Hooks

NCL

That is a great looking suit. I am tempted to pull the trigger on the pullover just not sure on the size as all I see is the 3X/4X,

7Even NMG

Keep the photos coming fellas!  We enjoy seeing our camo out in the field.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCL on March 28, 2020, 01:48:22 PM
That is a great looking suit. I am tempted to pull the trigger on the pullover just not sure on the size as all I see is the 3X/4X,
You saw a 3X/4X? I looked all over and could not find them. Maybe they were out at the time I looked.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

panolaproductions

I did a short review of mine since I had several people ask questions about it. Maybe it will help some of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maMntAgrw9o&t=2s

Tom007

NCL

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 10, 2020, 10:41:06 AM
Quote from: NCL on March 28, 2020, 01:48:22 PM
You saw a 3X/4X? I looked all over and could not find them. Maybe they were out at the time I looked.

Sorry, misspoke was talking about the pullover not the complete suit.

MNGobbler

I have two of them one in Bottomland and one In Obession and I love them both.
They fit well, very well ventilated, well constructed and tough, and they blend in really well with the surroundings. I love the hood and the pocket in the front for stashing things in. I wore my in FL this year and was never overheating in it. Can't say enough about the product Spencer puts out and you wont go wrong purchasing one.

longbeards

I have one that is in route to house. Really looked over all the suits out there and finally bought this at the suggestion of a friend. Got Bottomland, but if I like I will get an Obsession also for late season! He says it is a quality item well thought out. I spoke with North Mountain and asked if they had a full zipper one, I wear glass's and pulling ridges  I am always fighting them steaming up. A zippered one helps keep down the heat when you can unzip! Was told look for it next year along with other changes and improvement. Looking forward to getting it and WV opening!