turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS loading question

Started by mtns2hunt, March 24, 2020, 09:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtns2hunt

I was happily loading a lb of TSS this evening when the question arose. When you vibrate your filler down how do you keep it from spilling out? I have always used my thumb but I got to thinking what if the primer went off. Here is my thumb over top of the shell with the primer next to the vibrator and my thumb over top of the pellets and powder. I can handle losing part of my thumb but would prefer to forgo the experience. What does everyone do? I am using the brass vibrator I polish and clean bottle neck brass.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Gooserbat

I leave the funel in the shell
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Fullfan

I don't use a vibrator, pour a lil buffer in, tap the shell and repeat until all the buffer is in.  Been doing that for the past 6 years.
Don't gobble at me...

davisd9

Pour about half, vibrate a few seconds, and then pour the rest.  Only part I that I do not enjoy about reloading is that dang buffer!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkey_slayer

Pour it all in.  Use toothpick to work it in till shot starts becoming visible

ol bob

I found a clear cap that will slide over the shell when I see a few shot stop and pull it off no spillage at all.

Gobble!

Quote from: davisd9 on March 25, 2020, 08:29:45 AM
Only part I that I do not enjoy about reloading is that dang buffer!

Yes!

davisd9

Quote from: ol bob on March 25, 2020, 08:33:47 AM
I found a clear cap that will slide over the shell when I see a few shot stop and pull it off no spillage at all.

This is a good idea!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mtns2hunt

Quote from: davisd9 on March 25, 2020, 09:28:24 AM
Quote from: ol bob on March 25, 2020, 08:33:47 AM

This is a good idea!

I agree I like the clear cap idea. Will give it a try and save the thumb. Appreciate all the feed back.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.