turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

And just like that

Started by dublelung, March 24, 2020, 08:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublelung

My Mississippi season has come and gone! I'm excited and sad about it the same time. My grandson's have fallen victim to the cellphone and video game syndrome so they're not very interested in turkeys anymore. My wife doesn't care for all the walking involved with chasing turkeys so she rarely goes, and Dad is having a few health issues so he doesn't go as often anymore. Hopefully I can get in on a few more Mississippi hunts before going to KY or MO in a few weeks. The last 2 gobblers I shot are very special to me as I shot them with my grandmother's 1936 model 42 Winchester 410. One at 32 yards and the other at 18 with Apex Ninja's. I was very happy with the pattern on paper and the end results on the gobblers. All 3 gobblers were killed in woods instead of plots, all 3 were gobbling, no decoys were used, and all 3 were called in with the same slate made by good friend Joe Mayeaux. Best of luck to you all out there still chasing them!

USMC0331

Outstanding

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

longbeards

Appreciate the post,,,in this time of uncertainty I have my fingers crossed I will get to go to Kentucky and Pa!! Love the 410!

Hope to hunt Mississippi before I exit this world!

HookedonHooks

Way to get on them Lee! Travel permitting, you may be done before I even get started.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Super!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Dtrkyman

Nice work, I haven't even started yet!

Good luck on future hunts and be safe traveling!

Tom007

Amen my friend. Great job. My season starts in few weeks. I will be there. Good luck, safe travels......

silvestris

Congrats, Joe makes a super pot.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Haypatch

Congrats on your success DL... 3 nice birds there!

Beards and Hooks

sounds like a great season thus far, good luck as it continues!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Congrats on a fine season!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Jbird22

Attaboy Dublelung! Congrats!

Kytomgetter

That's great, especially getting to use that old .410. Thanks for sharing

captpete

Congrats!!! Really cool being able to take a couple of with your Grandmother's gun.

I noticed that the birds in the first and last pics, have very little black on the tips of their 2 center tail feathers.

Timmer

Way to go!

Sorry to hear your grandson's don't want to participate.  If you could entice them along I'm sure they would have a great time.  Bribe them!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!