OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New York Shut Down

Started by Sir-diealot, March 22, 2020, 09:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I just found out NY is shut down tomorrow, they don't even want anyone to leave their homes now. Guess my night on the town is off.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

USMC0331

I hate to hear they are having that much of a problem their. Hopefully this will pass soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: USMC0331 on March 22, 2020, 09:24:31 PM
I hate to hear they are having that much of a problem their. Hopefully this will pass soon.

I honestly believe it will. There is none in my county yet but a total of ten cases in two counties that border mine. My county is pretty isolated at this time of year, it if were summer or the wine season things could be much worse. If you want to see how it is in each county you can look here. https://infogram.com/coronavirus-county-cases-1hdw2j7wmded2l0
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

USMC0331

Thanks

Mossberg90MN

Man that totally sucks... I hear they got the National Guard our there on the streets in the city?

I hope MN doesn't shut down...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on March 22, 2020, 09:48:16 PM
Man that totally sucks... I hear they got the National Guard our there on the streets in the city?

I heard that our Dictator called for the National Guard. I honestly don't know though, NYC is 220 miles from me and as far as I am concerned that is to close.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2020, 09:51:00 PM

I heard that our Dictator called for the National Guard. I honestly don't know though, NYC is 220 miles from me and as far as I am concerned that is to close.
Prayers

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 22, 2020, 10:11:04 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2020, 09:51:00 PM

Prayers
Thanks Greg, hoping I can get prescriptions and stuff from the post office tomorrow, last of what I need to build my wingbone is there waiting for me.

John Koenig:

jrinny

It is bad towards NYC. The Western New York area is not as bad off - with most cases around the major cities like Buffalo or Rochester. There are a lot of nervous people here regarding their work on top of the virus. I am thankful my wife is able to work from home through this and my job is not on the list of places required to shut down . I am kind of bummed out as I had to cancel my Texas turkey hunt two weeks from now- but lucky to be able to roll the deposit and airline tickets over to next spring

Sir-diealot

Quote from: jrinny on March 22, 2020, 10:19:12 PM
It is bad towards NYC. The Western New York area is not as bad off - with most cases around the major cities like Buffalo or Rochester. There are a lot of nervous people here regarding their work on top of the virus. I am thankful my wife is able to work from home through this and my job is not on the list of places required to shut down . I am kind of bummed out as I had to cancel my Texas turkey hunt two weeks from now- but lucky to be able to roll the deposit and airline tickets over to next spring
Glad you and the wife are going to be alright. It is going to be hard on a lot of people. I have some wildlife around my home and if I have to I will do that, just wish my shoulders were good so I could use my bow to be quiet about it. I do know where there are some rabbit holes and I have some wire so that is also an option. I am glad you were able to get those to rollover, would have stunk to lose it all.

John Koenig:

Tom007

I wish you well my friend, I am right next door in NJ. I have been watching news, the governor of NY encourages out door activity, especially if you are solo. I think we will be ok for the May 1 opener. I just saw a prominent doctor who has the info from the French study that the malaria pill is shown to be 100% to get rid of this totally in 6 days when a patient test positive. This is being tested now for national approval. Fingers crossed....
"Solo hunter"

Mossberg90MN

Hoping the best for anyone out there in a tough situation.

the Ward

Nyc is going to have a rough time with this. Probably all the major cities/ high population density areas going to be hit hard.All those people compacted in a small geographic area can't help but spread it amongst themselves.

Tom007

All we can do is pray........
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on March 23, 2020, 07:41:35 AM
I wish you well my friend, I am right next door in NJ. I have been watching news, the governor of NY encourages out door activity, especially if you are solo. I think we will be ok for the May 1 opener. I just saw a prominent doctor who has the info from the French study that the malaria pill is shown to be 100% to get rid of this totally in 6 days when a patient test positive. This is being tested now for national approval. Fingers crossed....
Thank you. I saw some reports on that, I think it is called and please forgive my spelling Quinine* if it is the same stuff they used in the Vi?t Nam era. There is a relatively well know Asian American actor that is saying it really made a difference with him, but of course the Dems/Libs/Media are really bashing the use of it. If it were one of theirs they would be singing his praises. I am shocked Coumo is encouraging anything outdoors, except for fishing, that is the one place it seems he tries to help some. Edit: Here is link to that story about the Quinine https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/03/22/breaking-news/actor-daniel-dae-kim-believes-malaria-drug-was-the-secret-weapon-in-his-coronavirus-recovery/

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on March 23, 2020, 10:10:07 AM
Hoping the best for anyone out there in a tough situation.
Thanks, I am kicking myself in the butt because I had realized my GF did not grab 2 packs of TP and was going to go back in the store but I was hurting so I figured I would just order more online and then that night is when things started to go buggy.

Quote from: the Ward on March 23, 2020, 11:12:10 AM
Nyc is going to have a rough time with this. Probably all the major cities/ high population density areas going to be hit hard.All those people compacted in a small geographic area can't help but spread it amongst themselves.

That is the way it has always been, even if you go back to the days of The Black Plague it is the more populated areas that did worse. I am lucky I live in a town with only 295 people in it. So long as I do not have to go to town I feel my chances are much better. I was going to go to town to get meds today but like a knucklehead took my Oxycodone without thinking and I will not drive when I take those, I do not want to do to somebody else what somebody did to me.

Quote from: Tom007 on March 23, 2020, 12:36:06 PM
All we can do is pray........
Always! 

John Koenig: