OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey AMMO ?

Started by tracker#1, March 19, 2020, 01:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker#1

I work for Cabela's/Bass Pro parttime, retirement job. I worked last Friday and the ammo department sold $40,000 in sales that day. I answered the phone in the hunting department, well over 50 times, for 9mm and 00 buck. When we ran out of this, customers started buying axes, bear spray and yes, expensive TSS turkey loads for self-defense. Last Saturday and Sunday they did $120,000 in ammo sales. Last Monday I was asked to come in early, 7 am, to unload a truck with ammo. Everything we put out by 9 am was gone by 11 am that day. Customers "crushed" the gun department counter. Customers who had valid pistol paperwork for the past couple of years (NY) decided to purchase guns now. Some customers who never owned a gun thought they could just walk in and buy one. They didn't even know about NICS check process. IMO this is reckless, to say the least, safety-wise. Getting crazy out there. Hope you all stay safe. P.S, I'm glad I learned how to roll my own turkey loads!!!

Greg Massey

If your waiting for now just to have ammo , your in a bad situation or buying a gun in my opinion .

bbcoach

I told my wife two weeks ago that things like this would happen.  With 70 to 80% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck and with many people getting laid off and out of work, crime WILL escalate when finances dwindle.  Panic and Chaos brings out the worst in human beings.  STAY SAFE!

rakkin6

Me and my buddy both just retired from the Army. He is working for Academy Sports now. He told me this past Sunday they sold over $33,000 in ammo. That is crazy.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Kylongspur88

I've got ammo and still have some venison beef and pork in the freezer but when the first cases hit in Washington state at the nursing home I went and stocked up on some essentials and some canned goods. Even picked up some TP and extra cleaning supplies. My wife said I was overreacting and crazy.... Not often I get to say I told you so in this house.

rakkin6

Lol, I have a deep freezer full of meat also. Killed 7 deer last year and a pig down in Georgia. I stay stocked up on ammo at all times

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

mtns2hunt

There is tons of hype over the Corona virus but the important thing is to keep a calm head. I always stay well stocked with ammo as I shoot a lot. I was worried about #9 TSS as I like to keep extra even though I will probably only shoot two or three times. However, Hal fixed me up with super fast delivery. Good thing to know.

Finally I do not think the Corona Virus is going to destroy our society. Rather than stocking up on Ammo I wish I had the foresight to stock up on Toilet Paper. Stores are wiped out but did see some on E bay for .99 Cents for 4 squares. LOL and it was premium. You see the craziest things when things go south in this country. 
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

zelmo1

Panic and ignorance are the real enemy here in our country, as always. Be prepared, be safe and be a good person. Just my  :z-twocents: Al Baker

rakkin6

I agree completely

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Gobble!

Dealers in my area are selling piles of ammo as well.

Tom007

Cabelas in Harrisburg PA as of this morning we're almost entirely out of all ammo. Wow

Tom007

Sorry, Hamburg PA Cabelas......be safe. Wanted to clarify.....

Happy

Hey, people have to defend their stockpile of toilet paper somehow.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom007

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on March 20, 2020, 05:05:05 PM
Hey, people have to defend their stockpile of toilet paper somehow.
In my home town , you can't find any toilet paper , people forget as us kids were growing up we didn't have toilet paper or outhouse , it was pages out of catalog and out by the chicken house ..  As long as i have the 5 gallon bucket , bass pro or Cabela's  catalog , I'm in good shape , looking at hunting or fishing equipment and whipping my rear at the same time .. LOL...