turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fresh walleye

Started by flintlock, May 11, 2011, 12:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlock

Took my little boat "cheap seats" out after work yesterday to try for some walleye - first trip out this spring for eyes', about an hour from the house.   Just some eaters for dinner tonight.

I ended w/6 keepers and 6-8 short fish, not bad for high water and after work.  Even a blind hog......

Good luck if you are out and about.
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Hognutz

Nothin' wrong with those 'eyes, Wess. I had a fish fry on Saturday, with friends and relatives, to get rid of my last years leftovers. Walleye, perch, and bluegills. I will be fishing in earnest in a couple of weeks. Those pictures are a nice reminder of what is to come.. Very nice, Wess.. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the fish fry..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

struttin_1

Best way to relax after work that I can think of! Enjoy!

Jay

Now there's some of my favorite eating fish. Good catch Wess.

vaturkey

Hey Wess

Nice looking mess of walleyes. I've never eaten any but I hear they are mighty fine. Trade you some fresh trout for some .    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

bowhunter84

looks like a good afternoon to me!

turkey slayer

Ozark Ridge Runner

The cornmeal and I will be right over. :thanks:

Ol'Mossy

Congrats, it's been awhile since I ate Walleye

A. Felix

correct me if I'm wrong but the 2 fish that aren't belly up on your stringer appear to be saugers though the one in your had is defiantly and eye....?

Hawkfarm

Lucky to be able to type this from my wrist twitching and mouth watering.   

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats on the great haul!! :you_rock:  Looks like some good eating!!

I caught my first EVER walleye today!!  :you_rock: It was a decent fish, I wish I had weighed it.  I will post a pic tomorrow.

Tricia and I had it for dinner, it was GREAT!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Roost Wrecker

Congrats on the marble eyes they are the best and fun to catch but I still like fishing for the stripers here on Lake Cumberland.

cannonball

My favorite freshwater fish to eat, those should be great. :icon_thumright:

flintlock

Thanks guys!   It sho' was GOOD!

BTW, these are all walleye, saugers markings are much more blotchy and this lake doesn't contain any sauger.  I used to catch a ton in the Ohio river around louisville.

Good luck!
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!