OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 factory Choke tube

Started by Capt Hook, March 15, 2020, 01:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Hook

any one use the factory choke tube that comes with the Gun ? just says ultra full turkey ? my first time turkey hunting here .I have a box of Long Beard #5 shot 3 1/2 " thanks .

Old Timer

I have a older 835 with factory .695 turkey choke tried 6-8 different chokes and i went back to it years back. Always slung lead well. Lately i have been patterning lb and the Carlsons .683 has been best with 3inch 1 3/4 ounce #5 long beard. you might want to also try some #6. Only way to be sure is try it. I have heard good results with tru glo ssx with lb many others also but start with the factory you might fine out it works well. Maybe some others on here can chime in. Look the patterns over that are posted it will help. Good luck!

Bowguy

I had an ulti mag since I think 1990. I used that gun primarily til just a few years ago. Never had anything in it but the factory choke w Winchester supremes. Wish they still made em
Last week I put a 655 JEBS choke in n tried it w federal grand slams. I was def much better but if I had to hunt tomo w my factory choke if not feel handicapped. For all that time I didn't either n it's taken tons of birds.
Now I'm gonna say something, I'm no fan of longbeards. They're way too tight n hot in the center. I did take a bird or so with em. It bowled em over pretty flat. I bet plenty are missed close range though.
Also when I did try the longbeards the gun needed sights, (W factory choke) not so w the supremes.

garnerboy

I have one and it does really well with lead. Not just the Longbeards. The best pattern I have ever shot with #4 shot came with this choke.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Old Timer

Quote from: garnerboy on March 28, 2020, 05:17:37 PM
I have one and it does really well with lead. Not just the Longbeards. The best pattern I have ever shot with #4 shot came with this choke.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk
Mine also but does not like LB or the new federal flex wad

Bearcat1997

My buddy uses an 835 turkey gun with the factory turkey choke it came with. That thing shoots a beautiful pattern with longbeard #5.

Southernson13

I will never go back since I found an original jellyhead