OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Youth gloves??

Started by Haypatch, March 12, 2020, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haypatch

I am having a time finding a light weight pair of gloves for my son that fit properly... what are yal using or what suggestions do yal have?

StruttinGobbler3

You could maybe buy the smallest pair of camo gloves you can find, and cut the fingertips off until they're short enough to cover all but the last inch of his fingers. Basically fabricate a pair of fingerless gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

deltastrutter

I had to do that very thing for my daughter. I couldn't find any youth or specific women's gloves. Ended up with under armour gloves and cut all the fingertips out.  Work pretty good but would def like to know if anyone has found youth specific gloves as well.

Spurs

I won't use gloves on a kid.  They almost never fit right, kids will be constantly fidgeting because of the unusual feel, and they often create bad shots due to their inability to feel.  Sure, there is a risk of being seen, but I'd rather make sure the kid is comfortable and makes good shots...spooking a bird is the last thing on my mind.
This year is going to suck!!!

Sir-diealot

Because of Spurs points maybe some black/brown/green face paint on the hands? Burnt cork?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SOCOM304

Cabela's did offer an actual youth glove that's lightweight for spring gobbler hunting that fit great. I have bought them personally for my nephews. I'm not sure if they are still available, but check there.

rakkin6

Posted a couple links that might help you out. Not sure if you have tried women's gloves they might work. Not sure how big your son's hands are.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Haypatch

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys.

runngun

Primos makes youth thin camouflage gloves. They have rubber dots on the palms.

Have a good one
Ray

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.