OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pattering SUPER VINCI

Started by wherelongbeardsgotodie, March 11, 2020, 08:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherelongbeardsgotodie

I have a super Vinci and have a jelly head .660. Wondering if anyone could give me any advice on ammo and what's worked for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

I have a regular Vinci, so i don't know if this info will help. I have done a bit of patterning with chokes in the .650 to .665 range. Sumtoy .650 with magblends would do around 200 in the 10" ring at 40 yards. It would also pattern generic standard fed/win lead turkey loads at 100-120 in the 10" circle at the same 40yrds. Rob Roberts .655 would go 160ish with the same magblends. I haven't tried anything else out of that choke yet. I also tested a .665 kicks gt, it shot well with the win longbeard #4s and#5s, but i didn't do any 10" counts with that combo, but the pattern looked nice and even. If i were starting from scratch, i would try to shoot for a choke in the .660 range. The 650-655 put up real nice patterns, but they are real tight too, and not forgiving at close range. Check out the Benelli Pattern pic sub-forum, there are several pattern pics posted for super and regular vincis' on it. I have several pics posted also. Good luck and......... :welcomeOG:

Dtrkyman

That choke was great in my SBE2, any hevi shot loads did well. Even shot xx mag led good.

Could shoot any turkey load with that rig and kill to 40, switched over to 20ga hand loads before I tried long beards or tss from it.

wherelongbeardsgotodie

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think my jelly head is .660. I was thinking about trying out Winchester long beards and was reading some
Forms saying they used 3 inch shells and didn't know if there was any difference in 3 inch and 3 1/2 shells. Just was trying to narrow it down and not have to buy 6 boxes of ammo to figure it out.

Marc

Been a while, but I did have an M-2, which is basically the same barrel as the Vinci...

Mine shot the factory Full quite nicely out to (and past) 40 yards with Hevi-shot #6s...

I shot a variety of shot sizes and chokes with lead, and the Fiocchi Golden pheasant #6's probably patterned the best out of whatever turkey choke I was then shooting....  The Benelli did NOT seem to like larger shot sizes (than #6's) with the turkey choke (I believe Benelli has a smaller bore diameter if I recall correctly).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.