OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shoutout for Preacherman

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 11, 2020, 03:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

I recently acquired a mini paddle box made by Preacherman. This one is Bloodwood over spalted sycamore. Not only is it a work of art, the sound is incredible. Plays extremely easily as well. Even though it's a mini paddle, it's still fairly compact and not much longer than most short boxes. On top of that, it will do everything a full size long box can do. Kee kees, screaming loud two tone yelps, loud popping cutts and clucks, you name it. Most importantly, it will also tone down for very soft yelps, clucks and purrs to finish a bird that's closing in. Plus his leather loop to keep the box lid secured is a nice touch. I'm not affiliated with Jody in any way, just thought he deserved some recognition as I don't see his name much on this site. I also like to support my fellow Christians whenever possible, as not enough men are bold enough to share their faith to the public these days. I can be a harsh critic and I'm not easily impressed with a call, but this one has won me over and is going straight into my vest. My first box of his but I'm sure it won't be the last. Check him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

M,Yingling

Jody  makes a great call boxes and pots got several from him all turkey and great guy to deal with got a snake wood over mahogany long box from him I carry  that's never had lick chalk on the lid and still runs like the day I got it  ,,all turkey
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Greg Massey

His newer stuff in my opinion is a lot better than his older boxes. Some people have problems running his calls. Agree he's a great guy and fun to deal with, and is finally getting some recognition for building calls like winning this year at the NWTF Convention with one of his long boxes. Congratulations Preacherman 2020 Win.

Sir-diealot

I got to play a few of his calls at the North Eastern Call Makers Summit last August and really enjoyed them. He is building a call for me right now and I can't wait to get it in even if it is not for me. I really enjoyed talking with him there as well, very humble man.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."