turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

West Texas outfitter?

Started by dblake82, March 10, 2020, 08:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dblake82

Had hunt booked in West Texas and outfitter canceled all hunts due to lack of birds.  I appreciate this verse getting there and not having a good hunt, but I'm stuck with a plan ticket that's none  refundable.Looking for another outfitter. I figured all the good ones are booked but if anyone has a good recommendation I'd appreciate it. Thanks

3bailey3

very nice of the outfitter to gave a heads up!

squidd

May be the reason I haven't received an email back on availability?

Txag12

Get on Facebook and join TEHR, as known texas exotic hunting reloaded. It is a page of guys selling deer and exotic hunts on their ranches all over the state. They post all kinds of turkey hunts, and you can also post asking for availability. Many are relatively inexpensive and have minimally pressured birds since turkey hunting is outside of their primary focus. You should have no problem lining up a hunt in a week. What part of west Texas were you booked for?

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

lowcountry

Quote from: Txag12 on March 11, 2020, 05:59:27 AM
Get on Facebook and join TEHR, as known texas exotic hunting reloaded. It is a page of guys selling deer and exotic hunts on their ranches all over the state. They post all kinds of turkey hunts, and you can also post asking for availability. Many are relatively inexpensive and have minimally pressured birds since turkey hunting is outside of their primary focus. You should have no problem lining up a hunt in a week. What part of west Texas were you booked for?

Is this the exact name?  I cant find it.

Jstocks

I may have a contact. Tell me where you are flying to and I'll see if I can help.

slicksbeagles1

Google Texas Exotic Hunting Reloaded

dblake82

Jmarek

Give Greg Simons at Wildlife Systems  a call 325-655-0877
He is a super nice guy and I first hunted with him back in the 80's for turkeys
He operates out of San Angelo and should be able to help you out

dblake82

Txag12

Quote from: Jmarek on March 11, 2020, 04:24:25 PM
Give Greg Simons at Wildlife Systems  a call 325-655-0877
He is a super nice guy and I first hunted with him back in the 80's for turkeys
He operates out of San Angelo and should be able to help you out

Wildlife systems is a good recommendation. San Angelo is a great area. Numerous exotic/high fence deer ranches around there that have a bunch of turkey. If you're looking for more options google the page I mentioned. I don't think you'll have any issue getting several options around there. You can also check out the turkey hunting page on Texashuntingforum as well as their classifieds

Yoder409

I have hunted the San Angelo are a couple of times.   The outfitter I hunted with says " maybe next year".   A couple of bad hatches have put them in a pickle.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.