turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Destination 2020... Suggestions

Started by Gooserbat, March 07, 2020, 09:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

So Cus and I had a Wisconsin trip lined up and we find out two days ago it's down the pipe.  We'll know there's a lot of public access in WI but I've already hunted there so we're kinda looking for another option.  Anyone have a suggestion.  New Mexico, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma are off the list and we are looking for a May hunt and a two or three bird limit..
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Yoder409

Go big or go home.........

Pennsylvania.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dzsmith

all the northeast has may seasons, rare for a limit to be more than 2 though, plenty of public as well.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Roost 1

Crazy Horn Outfitters in Ohio
The best $500 hunt you will ever go on, thousands of acres and lodging included.
Tell Mike, Greg sent you.

eggshell

Another good choice in Ohio: http://sunfishvalleywhitetails.com/2020_Turkey_Program_UPDATED.html

They are mainly deer outfitters and turkeys are a side line, but they own their land and charge $150.00 a day plus lodging. They have good land, I hunted it all before they closed it down to access to start up their business. The grandson started outfitting and grandpa owned all the land, so he turned it over to the grandson....was a sad day for me. I personally killed several gobblers off this land in the past.

GobbleNut

Wow,...two good suggestions for Ohio (I bet those guys rates just went up considerably!)

Sounds like you are working your way outward from OK, Sam.  Personally, I am looking at trips to the northern states in the next few years.  The northeast (Maine New Hampshire, Vermont)  the northwest (Washington, Idaho, Oregon), and the upper Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan) are all on my long-range hit list. 

Hope to do each of those regions over the next three years. Of course, I would love to hit the whole country by the time "it's over", but time is tickin' away.  I should have started a lot younger for that kind of goal. 

Dtrkyman

Indiana and Michigan, only one bird each but close together OTC tags and good hunting!
And all day hunts.

I killed a bird in Indiana, drove to Michigan bought a tag and killed one first morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skimerhorn

Gobble!

PALongspur

Quote from: Gobble! on March 08, 2020, 08:13:35 PM
MD and PA are good late May options.

Wait, you mean to tell me there's turkeys in Pa and Md??? Now I've heard it all!!

High plains drifter

I may hunt south Dakota this spring. Love the black hills country. I've hunted Wyoming,  and Idaho,  and that was a  great time.