turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blind Hog backpack?

Started by 2eagles, March 06, 2020, 03:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

I looking for opinions on a Blind Hog backpack to carry my Double Bull full size blind. Primos makes a nice blind, but they don't know anything about a bag to carry it in. The Blind Hog looks really good, but thought I'd ask first.
I will say I also have an old Primos Gunhunter blind I like a lot and it came with a bag with shoulder straps and lots of storage pockets. Very nice package, almost wish I'd bought two of those before they were discontinued.

RED NECK

I have been using one for years when bow hunting.I believe horn hunter makes them, excellent product and comfortable to use.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

huntineveryday

I've been using one for around 8-10 years. I can carry my double bull blind, two camp chairs, shotgun or bow, calls, snacks, and collapsible decoys in it. It's held up pretty well over the years and I've been happy with it. I think I paid $80ish for it and think it was worth the money. I had a buckle break, the hub of the blind hitting a rock when I set the blind down cut a hole in the bottom material that I need to patch, and a few seams started to loosen up at the end of last season, but overall pretty good shape still. I usually carry anywhere from a couple hundred yards to a mile in to hunt, but over pretty flat ground. It carries the weight alright, but nothing like a hiking frame pack would. I do like the fact that I can load everything except the weapon in it, drop it in the toolbox or back seat of my pickup and be ready to roll when I hit the hunting spot. I usually keep it like that throughout the season. If you needed to carry stuff further, a frame pack with a load shelf could probably do the same thing more comfortably and would hold up to the stress well, but would have less ability to carry all the extra stuff without a lot of modification.

jlw

I have three of these bags. They make it a lot easier toting a ground blind, chair, and decoys into the field. Horn Hunter the company that makes them also has outstanding customer service and stands behind their products.