turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

florian replacement pruners.

Started by NCSWAMPFOX, March 06, 2020, 10:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCSWAMPFOX

finally lost or misplaced my florians i've had for 20 years. looks like they are out of business. any thoughts on new set of florians or similar quality replacements.

Sixes

I've used EZ Kut pruners for several years and they work great.

For a cheaper set, i used to use tubing cutters from work that are used for plastic pipe, but they do not work as good as the EK Kut that ratchet.

Parrot Head

Felco prunners, not cheap but very good.

trkehunr93

https://www.floriantools.com/florian-ratchet-cut-pruning-tools

Are these what your looking for?

I use some Gerber's I've had for at least 10 years.  Work great and they will replace if you have an issue.

NCSWAMPFOX

thanks for replies. yes i was looking for florians but confirmed they are longer in business. will check out ez,felco,etc...those florians were the best i have ever tried.

aclawrence

Dang that's too bad. I've got some ez cuts which work well but I've always heard the Florians were the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dswmsn

Check out Ball's Pruning Equipment USA website. Wayne Ball has been @ the Dixie Deer Classic for many years selling the Florian Ratchet Pruners in the past. He & may be able to help. I have 2 pairs. One pair purchased in the 80's & still going strong. I bought a Gerber saw & ratchet pruner combo. The pruners broke the 1st time I used them. The EZ's look good, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

NCSWAMPFOX

Appreciate the info. Ended up ordering set of ez's to try and will see if ball's has any. I too had the gerbers and they broke pretty quick. First year I've missed ddc in 15 years. Anything interesting there this year?

a_jabbo

I've had a set of EZ Kut pruners for a few years now, and they are hands down the best i've had thus far. I don't think you'll be disappointed. 

PALongspur

Wonder when they went under? I just got a pair of replacement pruners from them prior to last spring season.

Bullet1

Love my EZ Kut pruners

Tennessee Lead

I'm very happy with my EZ Kut's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Cut N Run

I bought a Florian 9" folding pruning saw from Wayne Ball at the Dixie Deer Classic about 15 years ago.  It works great, but I broke the locking latch last week & hoped to get a new one.  I tried to buy a replacement blade as a backup from Wayne 2 years ago and was told the 9" inch saw was no longer made.  They had the 8" folding saw at the time, though it is discontinued these days.  Instead, I ordered a 10" Corona folding pruning saw last week that's supposed to be here this week.

I still have a set of Florian pruners in my turkey vest I also got from Wayne.  They work pretty well on small stuff, but balk at larger limbs.  Most of the time I use a pair of EZ Kut ratchet pruners & Corona pruners in my fanny pack a few times every month throughout the year for trimming trails at the horse farms.  Also have a 3' set of Corona loppers that will easily cut trees bigger than a billiard cue stick I use for the heavy lifting.  I've also got a Corona extension pole saw/ lopper combination for high limbs & cutting shooting lanes for my tree stand.

By keeping the horse trails open and cleared it keeps the riders happy, where they don't need to be ducking limbs all the time and can canter or trot the trails if they feel like it.  The cleared trails also make it super easy for me to get around quietly, quickly in light or dark when I'm hunting there.  Clear trails makes it easy to haul deer out too.  Turkeys love to walk those trails as well, so sometimes you hear one gobble at distance, then he deang near blows your cap off your head, cause you didn't hear him getting closer.  Usually they drum on the way in though.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.