OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Getting antsy  (Read 1206 times)

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
Getting antsy
« on: March 01, 2020, 11:23:48 PM »
Well, it’s drawing near. Just dawned on me the other day as I was putting the dog away and squirrel season had ended. My order of trout lures arrived and I bought a couple things from Roost to kickstart things a bit. Mouth calls from McGraw showed up. Picked through my vests and Primos Freaky Seat to figure out where all my calls had ended up. Played around with a couple trumpets. Made sure all my ammo was where I remembered it was. The only thing that truly sucks this year is that the first week doesn’t coincide with our spring break. Going to make things a little tougher but I never killed a bird until later last year anyway. Wife bought me a Burris FF 2 or 3 (can’t recall) and it’s sitting on top of the 20 ga. Hoping the Jebs does better than the PG that’s in the barrel right now. Haven’t posted much. Just wanted to say, good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
Re: Getting antsy
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 08:05:59 AM »
Same to you, buddy,...and everybody else.  Unless something unexpected happens, my first hunt starts five weeks from today in OK. 

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 09:05:06 AM »
Ring up a gooden buddy
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 06:31:50 PM »
Good luck, Kris.
Hookedspur and I will be kicking it off March 22 in SC.