OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Osceola Outfitters Spring 2021

Started by Txag12, March 01, 2020, 10:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

I am pretty certain I am going to go ahead and book for next spring for a group of 2-3 of us. Right now I have it narrowed down to 5 different outfits. I am open as well to other suggestions anyone has, or who to stay away from. With the kind of money we are looking at spending, we are expecting 100% success rates or as close to as one can possibly get. Preference would be hunting true swamp country, palmettos, bottoms, etc...not huge on being in the midst of an orange grove. We do want to stay in the southern half of Florida or further, as we want pure Osceola's. Thanks in advance

5 we are looking at:

Swamp Gobbler Outfitters
Osceola Outdoors
Cypress Roost Outfitters
DC Cattle Ranch
Storey Hunts

dejake

When I went, DC Cattle only took two hunters a year.

rdjustham

Cypress Roost.  Travis is a good guy lives for turkeys.

Fullfan

Curious about what an outfitter would charge in Fla?
Don't gobble at me...

AndyH

I've personally only hunted with Swamp gobbler. Good guys and lots of turkeys, beautiful place to hunt. This spring will be my 7th time hunting with them and have killed a gobbler every time down but once. That one time we were in to them everyday but for one reason or another was just never presented a shot. Charley offered for me to come back later in the season but my schedule wouldn't allow it. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the outfitters you've got listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skimerhorn

I'll throw out gods country outfitters

Tom007

Osceola Shooters. Trevor gets it done. 100% success......

Gamblinman

Quote from: Fullfan on March 02, 2020, 07:43:50 AM

These days...if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.  :o
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Txag12

Thanks for the feed back so far. Has anyone on here personally hunted wither Osceola Outdoors or Cypress Roost Outfitters?

rdjustham

Quote from: Txag12 on March 02, 2020, 05:08:15 PM
Thanks for the feed back so far. Has anyone on here personally hunted wither Osceola Outdoors or Cypress Roost Outfitters?

Ive known travis (Cypress Roost) for 15 years, we work for the same department and have hunted with him in the past as friends.  he is passionate about what he does.  Talked to him the other day and was asking about his business and he doesnt even hunt the property he leases and guides, its solely for clients. He has feeders running year round for various different wildlife and spends the majority of his time and money on his passion.  Ive never used an outfitter to hunt but i wouldnt hesitate going with cypress roost if i were to.

OJR

Quote from: Fullfan on March 02, 2020, 07:43:50 AM

I hunt Florida about every other year. The cost varies from around $1500.00 with a guide and no lodging (staying in a hotel) to well over $2500.00 for the full guide, lodge, meals experience. Extra birds cost extra.

StruttinGobbler3

I'm good friends with Lon Trice, as I live close to him and went to school with his son. Knew the family before he even made turkey calls. I know he prefers Gods Country outfitters, he usually goes down and helps guide hunters every season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Txag12

I'm leaning towards Swamp gobbler outfitters, cypress roost, Storey hunts, or osceola outdoors. All four seem to come highly recommended.

For those have been to south zone of Florida, what is the best time period to go, earlier in the season the better?

Txag12

Southern outdoor outfitters with Paul Byrd is another I have come across a good bit. Have any members gone w/ them or have any insight?

cracker4112

Quote from: Txag12 on March 06, 2020, 08:14:44 AM
I'm leaning towards Swamp gobbler outfitters, cypress roost, Storey hunts, or osceola outdoors. All four seem to come highly recommended.

For those have been to south zone of Florida, what is the best time period to go, earlier in the season the better?

Go early.  The birds on our place in Glades county start gobbling  a little during deer season in mid January and have been going good now for a few weeks.  The later you go, the hotter it will be and the birds could slow down.