turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South Florida 2020

Started by bbcoach, February 29, 2020, 01:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

To All of you, South of HWY 70, heading out today and tomorrow for Youth season and those of you that will begin hunting next weekend, GOOD LUCK.  First order of business is BE SAFE!!!  Second thing is USE the PERMETHRIN.  Don't end up with any tick borne illnesses.  Plenty of the guys on here can tell you about LYME disease.  Spray ALL your clothes with permethrin and let it dry a couple of days before you head out.  And for us that have to wait, SEND PICS and TALL TALES!

joeturkey

Out this morning in South  Florida  no shooting lots of tracks  I was not hunting.

Old Gobbler

There was real good cold snap a few days ago and the wind is whipping out good ...making for a predictable tight lip syndrome for most folks ....

My experience...5 days of hot windless weather where you are sweating and the birds start to sound off good

Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

VaTuRkStOmPeR

roberthyman14

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 29, 2020, 03:00:24 PM
There was real good cold snap a few days ago and the wind is whipping out good ...making for a predictable tight lip syndrome for most folks ....

My experience...5 days of hot windless weather where you are sweating and the birds start to sound off good

Shannon
If you ain't running 2 thermacells at a time in Florida, are you even really turkey hunting
Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ross R

Man it was a little chilly. I had my almost 9 year old twin boys in the blind all weekend.  It was their first hunt ever.   It was a struggle to keep them going but they did as expected.  The birds were not cooperative at all unfortunately.   It almost seems like they haven't broken up at all where we were.

bbcoach

TTT.  Just wanted to take this back to the top.  HOPE everyone has a Wonderful and Safe 2020 Opening Day and season.  Good Luck and send PICS and Tall Tales.

squidd

Nice and cool this morning which kept mosquitos at bay!!

Crghss

Very windy, didn't hear or see anything.......besides other hunters. Plenty of them on public land.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Coop1082

Took my first Osceola this morning but everything said here is true. Cool morning kept the skeeters at bay but they didn't gobble too great at all!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

bbcoach

Quote from: Coop1082 on March 07, 2020, 05:31:08 PM
Took my first Osceola this morning but everything said here is true. Cool morning kept the skeeters at bay but they didn't gobble too great at all!
CONGRATULATIONS on your first Osceola.  Share some PICS, if you can.  Hope you have many more in your future.

Tom007

Greg Massey

joeturkey

Very high  winds  and  cold here in South Florida  there's been  4 turkeys  taken  in the local  wma so far .

deerhunt1988

As many people as I've ever seen and only 2 roost gobbles the past 3 morns. The non-stop wind isn't helping! But I managed.