OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Feed hogs won’t eat

Started by northms, February 25, 2020, 10:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Quote from: hotspur on March 04, 2020, 09:30:30 AM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 03, 2020, 11:22:18 PM
Quote from: hotspur on March 03, 2020, 08:55:08 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on March 03, 2020, 10:01:52 AM
Quote from: Bowguy on March 03, 2020, 09:35:05 AM

I used to feel the same until I went to get a Rio. It is what you make it. Ten gobblers under a feeder sounds like a winter flock. If you have any skills you could call those gobblers away from that feeder. As far as running to Texas for easy turkeys your talking about my buddies, they don't invite me till after they booger e everything. I love hunting public Louisiana longbeards,

What I'm commenting on is you saying a Texas Rio is not interested in corn in the spring? That is ridiculous. I have killed several Texas Rios on what little public land is available in Tx no corn or feeders involved.  10 Gobblers under a feeder in the spring is about normal 40 Gobblers /hens under the same feeder would common in the fall. I don't want or need a skill that includes calling Gobblers from a feeder lol. Like I said multiple excuses
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Bowguy

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 04, 2020, 10:40:50 AM
Quote from: hotspur on March 04, 2020, 09:30:30 AM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 03, 2020, 11:22:18 PM
Quote from: hotspur on March 03, 2020, 08:55:08 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on March 03, 2020, 10:01:52 AM
Quote from: Bowguy on March 03, 2020, 09:35:05 AM

I used to feel the same until I went to get a Rio. It is what you make it. Ten gobblers under a feeder sounds like a winter flock. If you have any skills you could call those gobblers away from that feeder. As far as running to Texas for easy turkeys your talking about my buddies, they don't invite me till after they booger e everything. I love hunting public Louisiana longbeards,

What I'm commenting on is you saying a Texas Rio is not interested in corn in the spring? That is ridiculous. I have killed several Texas Rios on what little public land is available in Tx no corn or feeders involved.  10 Gobblers under a feeder in the spring is about normal 40 Gobblers /hens under the same feeder would common in the fall. I don't want or need a skill that includes calling Gobblers from a feeder lol. Like I said multiple excuses

Guys I'm sorry but this post about excuses is 100% correct. I know someone is prob butt hurt but this is what many have become. First n foremost good excuse makers for their actions.
When I was a kid there were lots of good deer/turkey spots. Perhaps the small piece we had wasn't one of em. That was kinda too bad, we just needed to find a better place. Didn't really matter who owned it. If it was no good that was the bottom line. Now everyone thinks they're little spot should be all they need all the time. Sorry guys that's not true. Keep sport hunting sporting.