turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anyone seen any poults yet?

Started by FLGobstopper, May 09, 2011, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLGobstopper

Went to the woods today to check on a few things but got a late start after running some errands. About 9am I see a huge gobbler feeding in a field with 2 hens right off the interstate as I go by doing about 70. 2 hours later when I finally get to the property in central FL I come to a gas line and drive up on a hen and about a dozen poults. They couldn't have been more than a couple days old and were probably about the size of my fist, if that. I got some pics on my phone and I'll try and post them up later.

Anyone else seen any poults yet? Kinda funny to see a gobbler still hanging with a couple hens and then run into a hen with a bunch of little ones.

njdevilsb

I haven't seen any poults yet this spring.  All of the birds my dad and I got were with groups of hens as well, and no poults to be seen.

redarrow

Its a bit early for poults in Mi. but should start seeing them in another week or two.

TRKYHTR

Ive seen 6 poults since Friday. They are in my room.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Roostem33

Me and a friend were hunting in South Ga. this weekend and as we were walking down a logging road a Hen tried to attack my buddy, she had what looked to be around 12 tagging along with her.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Ozark Ridge Runner

I saw 14 of them here in Missouri last Saturday.  They were still wrapped up in that hard thing they come in.

Larry Mac

One of my friends  IN SW Florida saw two springs ago  a hen teaching her poults how to fly. She had them walk up a  small mound of dirt about 3 ft. high and take off from there. Would have been a great video.