Smoked a fatty on mom's day

Started by Remington924, May 09, 2011, 06:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington924

laid the smack on a NH eastern yesterday at 10:50 AM
22 lbs
9.5 inch and 6 inch beards
1 1/16 spur and 1 1/8 spur
and he had the white wing barring in his tail fan(does anybody ever see this?)
[ics andstory to come shortly.

harvester

Heck yea, thats gettin er done. Congrats on a great bird. Can't wait to see the pics.  :z-winnersmiley:

ElkTurkMan

That's a stud right there!  Congrats Rem 924! :you_rock:

Remington924

ok so as some of the former teammates know im not big on typing long stories. so ill keep this short basically we setup in this spot off the roost and a guy cut us off, we ran and gunned for a few  hours and around 930am made it back to out original spot and there was 6 strutters and no hens with them on top of the hill, we setup on these boys 3 different times and they wouldnt come down off of the hill. when one (the last one of the groups) head dipped just below the back of the hill we started belly crawling, at one point about 200 yards away from the birds we almost got busted bc 4 of he birds came back up on top of the hill strutting then feed down the right side, when they were once again out of view we started our pursuit again, we had to stop several times and i had my head burried so far in the grass id have to whisper to my friend to tell me were the birds were in correlation to my location. finally my friend said i cant go any further you go on, i marked my spot as i could periodically see one of the birds heads pop up in a half stut pose and new if i could get to one milk weed i would definately kill this bird even thought i already probably could kill him here at about 45-50 yards. i kept crawling and got to the milkweed and it was like a realeif swept over me becaus ei new this bird was dead, i stoop up and they didnt even really take note of me they were so keyed in on sparring and strutting amongst their little bachelor group, i pulkled up on a bird but he was strutting quartering away and i didnt want to shoot him through his fan so i shot his buddy strutting to his right broadside.

if anyone knows how to post pics tell me as its been forever ago since i have but ill post some of this hog(im sure theres bigger birds out there but hes a hog to me and a good one for NH too)