OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your preference on mouth call pouch?

Started by turkeykiller22, February 20, 2020, 09:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

What is your preference on a mouth call pouch? Do you like the ones that squeeze together at the top like a coin pouch or do you like the ones that fold and have the calls separated? I personally prefer to have them separated but it doesnt make that big of a difference to me. Just wondering what everyone else uses.

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Nathan_Wiles

I use one of each. The 4-5 I use frequently ride in my pocket in snap open pouch. The rest ride in the divided holders built into my vest and one of those plastic snap cases.

Now that I've written this out I realize I may be on the verge of a Turkey call problem. A dozen mouth calls might appear excessive in some circles....probably not here but some folks maybe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lmbunch69

I use a plastic retainer case. Could hold prolly 20+ calls and it's compact.

Greg Massey

I just use one of the primos snap open cases with neck string ...

Spitten and drummen

Empty coppenhagen can rinsed out with a little mouthwash mixed with water in it. Some may frown about possible damage to the reeds but I replace mine at least every other year. I know I dont fight stuck together reeds all through the season.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

LaLongbeard

I use the plastic cases they come in. The one time I used a call pouch the call ended up with lint  or dirt getting on it inside the pouch. The cases are easy to wash out.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Happy

I just use a little plastic container that held crimp connectors. Drilled some small holes in it to help air out the calls and put it on a lanyard.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Marc

I use the little necklace/wallet style with independent slots...

I can generally reach into mine without looking and know which call is where.  If I cannot, I can easily pull it up and look at it.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sixes

I use a clear plastic container that black electrical tape comes in and drill holes in the lid and fold up a paper towel to lay the calls on. Works great and I stick it in a pot call holder on the vest or zipped up in a pocket

fallhnt

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 20, 2020, 10:42:48 AM
I just use one of the primos snap open cases with neck string ...
This,with the string cut off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

ejhandler

I have the Primos snap open pouch as well as the Houndstooth slotted pouch, guess I really don't have a preference to which one.  I just know I don't like the plastic cases they come in, they crack, the calls rattle around, just not as efficient in my book.

Kytomgetter

GobbleNut

I also like the plastic cases with the dividers that will hold three or four calls.  The main thing for me is that I always use something that I can disinfect easily, so I stay away from any kind of case or container that I think might harbor bacteria. 

Yoder409

About a 20 year old, plastic Skoal can.

Cover the calls with mint mouthwash and put em in the fridge overnight.   Drain them off in the morning and go hunting.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 20, 2020, 05:35:51 PM
About a 20 year old, plastic Skoal can.

Cover the calls with mint mouthwash and put em in the fridge overnight.   Drain them off in the morning and go hunting.

Best thing you can do with mouth calls. Dont worry about getting sick or prying apart stuck reeds.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE