turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ryan Newman

Started by strum, February 19, 2020, 03:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

walking out of the hospital look at his shirt .

Mathews.1

That's amazing he's walking out two days later. I've seen him on someone's hunting show but can't remember who's it was.

POk3s

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that was one of the nastiest wrecks I've ever seen. My heart sank when he flipped, and then really took a dive when he got t boned. Amazing he can walk away from that.

Papa

Prayer and Love can do amazing things. That wreck was unreal.

3bailey3

Turkeyman

Watching that race I thought he was dead. Wreck appeared to be much worse than Dale Earnhardt years ago. I just hope that, after healing, he's either able to race again or regain all his faculties.

FL-Boss

Quote from: Turkeyman on February 19, 2020, 05:12:46 PM
Watching that race I thought he was dead. Wreck appeared to be much worse than Dale Earnhardt years ago. I just hope that, after healing, he's either able to race again or regain all his faculties.

After a wreak like that, and being 42 / with kids.. I bet he just hangs it up and retires. Don't blame him.

Rzrbac

I've watched a bunch of races and that second impact from LaJoie was brutal. I immediately thought he could not have survived. He has a lot to be thankful for, God was definitely watching over him. Wish him nothing but the best no matter his decision to race again or not.

310 gauge

Saw him take the lead at Daytona on the final lap, in which he won, in what was almost a boring race for that track. Absolutely no "big ones" that day. To see him walking from the hospital after spending only two days and surviving that ordeal was definitely miraculous. Good plug for the NWTF and have enjoyed seeing him hunting on t.v. a couple of times.

Kytomgetter

Glad to see he's doing better. God is good

Turkeytider

Quote from: Kytomgetter on February 19, 2020, 08:54:33 PM

Indeed He is. I also believe that they literally screw those guys into the cars in such a way that they barely move, particularly in the head and neck areas. I don't think it's much like it was when Dale E was killed. Could be wrong though, but that's been my impression.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Turkeytider on February 19, 2020, 09:06:25 PM

Indeed He is. I also believe that they literally screw those guys into the cars in such a way that they barely move, particularly in the head and neck areas. I don't think it's much like it was when Dale E was killed. Could be wrong though, but that's been my impression.
X3 .. glad to see him up and going and leaving the Hospital ... Seeing him wearing NWTF shirt ... awesome

Devastator

Unbelievable that any human being could walk away from that crash!!

paboxcall

:wagon:
Quote from: Turkeytider on February 19, 2020, 09:06:25 PM

Seeing that picture is awesome!

You're not wrong. NASCAR didn't act until Dale Sr. was killed. NASCAR's interventions for safety since that day better ensures a driver like Ryan walk away.

Bear in mind Adam Petty was killed in May 2000, Irwin, Jr. in July 2000, and then Earnhardt the following February. Nine months. NASCAR acted by implementing safe technology for the driver, the car, and the track soon after, technology which was readily available the morning Petty was killed nine months earlier. No one has been killed since in this circuit.

NASCAR in 2000 must have felt drivers getting killed periodically was an acceptable risk, until the headline driver was killed. That was too much. The fact is NASCAR could have, but didn't, intervene in time to save those three. But their actions since have saved a number of drivers and patrons in the stands. Its good to see the safety advances in the past 19 years work.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Gobble!

Looks like he had plenty of motivation by his side. Glad his doing well.