turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF Show What did you buy?

Started by 7Even NMG, February 18, 2020, 06:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7Even NMG

For those who attended the NWTF Show, what was your best purchase? What is hot out there?  Show pics if you can.

aclawrence

I bought a pile of mouth calls and most of them I'm not crazy about. I bought a Woodhaven raspy red reactor which I already knew I liked. Also got a Gooserbat hillbilly that I like to. One think I'm excited about is an Obsession Custom Calls crystal over glass in a blue mahoe and maple laminate pot. He had several pots that were prototypes he was selling for $30. Sounds great to me. I don't think I've got a pic of it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upfold99

A pile of buy one get one nomad hunting shirts for $20, a new vest and more pinhoti apparel.

aclawrence

Quote from: Upfold99 on February 18, 2020, 07:57:18 PM
A pile of buy one get one nomad hunting shirts for $20, a new vest and more pinhoti apparel.
I'm still upset I missed the nomad deal. I did get a Pinhoti t shirt.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Upfold99 on February 18, 2020, 07:57:18 PM
That Nomad deal was amazing. Not only was it BOGO, stuff was marked down, and they had all sizes and plenty of them, in multiple camos.

4 quality dri-fit shirts for $40 total no tax is unbeatable.

Greg Massey

I got 2 Marlin fiddle boxes walnut yellowheart, walnut Mora. TJ Johnson poplar walnut fiddle box. Jeff Mckamey Canarywood over mineral poplar, Mora over mineral poplar, Joe Salton bloodwood over western red cedar. Dan Harris hen box Patagonia rosewood over black limba. Thomas Jameson Splatter walnut over fire roasted honey maple glued box . Pecker Wrecker ceramic in Zebrawood pot and waterproof striker, Tru-Tone wet one corian pot call with waterproof and purpleheart striker and 2 boxes of Ninjia Apex 410 shells .. Free shirt from Nomad and few other items ..You can go to Turkey Call Trader / Collector and see pictures of my NWTF purchase ...had awesome time with the call builders and the show ...

Cowboy

Got in on the Nomad deal. 4 shirts. Bought a Roostem aluminum call and purple heart striker.  Donated to the KT TEAM. Slogan Outdoors shotgun sling.

aclawrence

I wanted to pick up a slogan sling but had used to my okay money. Those slings are great for carrying a rifle over backpack straps. They don't slip off your shoulders.

shatcher

Jeff McKamey long box bloodwood over butternut.  Clay Townsend glass over slate in canary wood.  Halloran twisted sister in flamed box elder.

MO HUNTER

Clay Townsend black anodized pot, Obsession red slate, Bob Fulcher long box, Chad Remenaric black anodized pot, Obsession crystal pot, KT ghost cut, striker from Gosserbat, 3 strikers from Foot on Da Head, donation to KT team, 2 Bud Lights, an auction paddle and a few odds and ends for the wife.

BigSlam51

Quote from: MO HUNTER on February 19, 2020, 10:59:20 PM
Clay Townsend black anodized pot, Obsession red slate, Bob Fulcher long box, Chad Remenaric black anodized pot, Obsession crystal pot, KT ghost cut, striker from Gosserbat, 3 strikers from Foot on Da Head, donation to KT team, 2 Bud Lights, an auction paddle and a few odds and ends for the wife.
Thanks for buying one of my calls, I hope it sees some vest time this spring! Which one did you get?

-Chad

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

Quote from: aclawrence on February 18, 2020, 06:42:03 PM
I bought a pile of mouth calls and most of them I'm not crazy about. I bought a Woodhaven raspy red reactor which I already knew I liked. Also got a Gooserbat hillbilly that I like to. One think I'm excited about is an Obsession Custom Calls crystal over glass in a blue mahoe and maple laminate pot. He had several pots that were prototypes he was selling for $30. Sounds great to me. I don't think I've got a pic of it yet.

I see some good calls there. Thanks for the purchase.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

MO HUNTER

Quote from: BigSlam51 on February 20, 2020, 04:09:02 AM
Thanks for buying one of my calls, I hope it sees some vest time this spring! Which one did you get?

-Chad

I was going to inquire on here about the call in another post... I won it at the silent auction. It was a black anodized pot with a green striker. It has a reddish wood on the pot.  I'd like to know some more about it...what woods for striker and pot? I'll tell ya this, I played almost every call on the table and that was the one I thought played the best. I went to the table for 3 days to make sure I got that call! It will be going to the woods with me as my go to pot call! Absolutely the best sounding call I played all week at the show! I will be buying more from you in the future.

BigSlam51

Quote from: MO HUNTER on February 20, 2020, 11:08:08 AM

-Chad

I was going to inquire on here about the call in another post... I won it at the silent auction. It was a black anodized pot with a green striker. It has a reddish wood on the pot.  I'd like to know some more about it...what woods for striker and pot? I'll tell ya this, I played almost every call on the table and that was the one I thought played the best. I went to the table for 3 days to make sure I got that call! It will be going to the woods with me as my go to pot call! Absolutely the best sounding call I played all week at the show! I will be buying more from you in the future.
Thanks man, I appreciate that! What you got is a padauk pot, and a one piece rutland dymondwood striker. Give me a shout if I can help you out with anything else, and send me pics of dead gobblers this spring!

MO HUNTER

Quote from: BigSlam51 on February 20, 2020, 12:26:43 PM
Quote from: MO HUNTER on February 20, 2020, 11:08:08 AM

-Chad

Thanks man, I appreciate that! What you got is a padauk pot, and a one piece rutland dymondwood striker. Give me a shout if I can help you out with anything else, and send me pics of dead gobblers this spring!

Good Lord willing, I'll send some pics! I'll give you a shout sometime. Thanks Chad!