OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF online auction

Started by Bennett, February 17, 2020, 12:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennett

Did anyone here bid on any calls online?  I'm showing I am the high bidder on some but I haven't received any notification that I won. Thanks.

BigSlam51

Yes, I won Scott Witters 4th place long box for $100

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Spring Creek Calls

Did a lot of bidding but didn't win anything.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Ridge

I was also the "high bidder" on a call, but didn't actually win the call. I went down and talked to the guy running the software used for the online auction to find out why. They shut the online auction down for a section of calls at a time. Any body standing there at the calls when the auction is closed has the chance to place additional bids on the call. This was the case for me. I was the high bidder for a set of calls at $500 when the auction closed. Apparently, another guy was there when they closed it, and was able to win it for $510. I was not able to go higher, and I did not know this was how it worked until after the case. Had I known, I would have been standing there when they shut the online auctions down.

hpo

Won a few at auction. A Gwaltney ebony trumpet and a wingbone mp/turned yelper with a wide bell opening (Kevin Rowan???), the latter being unique for me. Both great calls.

Was also surprised at how the auction ended. I was there working a booth and kept checking. Suppose I should have stuck around the auction tables. Somewhat glad I did not, as I would have won too many calls!!

Great times with great folks.
Shoot'em in the Face!

treein dixie

It was all screwed up,  I got 51 out bid notices and didn't bid on the calls!

hpo

yes, the outbid notices were annoying but kept you notified for certain.
Shoot'em in the Face!

Upfold99

I bid on several. Gregs trumpets, clay townsend pots, brad roberts pots and some paul hicks pots. Last I knew I was high bid on 4 of them. But it never said I won and nomoney was taken from my account. I got all excited, to never get anything...lol

I was there but was in the gncc finals when most the bidding ended.

BigSlam51

Quote from: treein dixie on February 17, 2020, 06:52:05 PM

It was all screwed up,  I got 51 out bid notices and didn't bid on the calls!
Me too, my email was blowing up

Jfowler82

Yes I bid on two calls and won one of them . Wasn't aware they were closing the online part early until I read up on it about ten minutes before it closed . And then wasn't sure if that was eastern time or central.

310 gauge

The 4 auctions they had for merchandise closed on CST. Being on EST I was prepared for this and won an item. Of course I presumed the Call auctions would be on CST also. Not so! I bid on half of my planned items before time expired. Did luck out and won a SS box call though! Without a doubt being onsite has it's advantages! As it should....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Ridge on February 17, 2020, 05:06:05 PM
I was also the "high bidder" on a call, but didn't actually win the call. I went down and talked to the guy running the software used for the online auction to find out why. They shut the online auction down for a section of calls at a time. Any body standing there at the calls when the auction is closed has the chance to place additional bids on the call. This was the case for me. I was the high bidder for a set of calls at $500 when the auction closed. Apparently, another guy was there when they closed it, and was able to win it for $510. I was not able to go higher, and I did not know this was how it worked until after the case. Had I known, I would have been standing there when they shut the online auctions down.

Guess I will never bid on one of their auctions, that is extremely underhanded in my opinion. Never heard of anybody else doing that way before and I have been around auctions most of my life.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Daddy rat

Quote from: BigSlam51 on February 17, 2020, 01:18:51 PM
Yes, I won Scott Witters 4th place long box for $100

That's good pickup...been waiting few year to get my short box. His calls are top shelf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 18, 2020, 01:21:52 PM
Quote from: Ridge on February 17, 2020, 05:06:05 PM

Guess I will never bid on one of their auctions, that is extremely underhanded in my opinion. Never heard of anybody else doing that way before and I have been around auctions most of my life.
If you guys saw the way it was set up without only bidding online it would make sense. There's only three guys trying to update the silent auction sheets, spread around a large room with over 1200 calls entered, there'd be no way to keep up with the bidding that comes down at the close of an auction, that's when it's intense. If there's something you want to win online, you better have a stout bid, and hope no one else wants it more, because the guys there in person get the last call for bids. It's my understanding it's always been this way since they've done online bidding as well.

They're providing an opportunity for people who can't attend the show a chance at some of the competition calls, but nonetheless it's a silent auction for the show and its attendees, that's why it's set up the way it is.

Bennett

Thanks for your responses and congratulations to those who won calls