turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stevens 301T .410

Started by erikmcgarrh, February 16, 2020, 09:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikmcgarrh

Just purchased this gun,what patterns are y'all getting from the factory choke ? Pics for example,I just tried some of the hevi 9's it'll definitely kill one at 40 yards but I believe I can get more out of it. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmart241

How many did you get in 10in at 40 I got 143 with last years apex shells with clean barrel

erikmcgarrh

I got 86 in the 10" with the factory choke and a clean barrel ,definitely going to try the apex next,then later I'm going to get another choke.

762hunter

I just ordered one.

I've heard with the factory choke the Federal TSS is the way to go.

From results I've seen the factory is durn near as good and consistent as the others you can buy for $70-$80.

Can't wait to get mine in

alabamabowman

Handloads and Indian Creek .380

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

jmart241

Nice patterns hope my .380 does that well

Yote72571

Factory choke apex 9's 145- 147 in a 10" @ 40.  Jebs went up to 210-213. Dirty barrel. With optic. 

Buckrub

Shot mine with the factory choke this week and I was not impressed with the results using the Apex shells !!  Gonna probably buy a Sum Toy or IC if I can't get any improvement !!! I'll use it here in Md. but my .20 will go with me to Fla. !!

Buckman18

35 yards with the factory choke and #9 federals. 169 in 10 with a clean barrel.

CoachK

Quote from: 762hunter on February 19, 2020, 10:24:08 PM
I just ordered one.

I've heard with the factory choke the Federal TSS is the way to go.

From results I've seen the factory is durn near as good and consistent as the others you can buy for $70-$80.

Can't wait to get mine in

I have 3 different Stevens 301t's. None of them like the Federal's as much as the Apex's. For my 3 guns, it's Apex, by far

Also, for those of you using the Indian Creek Choke, what constriction are you using? I asked the Apex guys in Nashville what constriction they liked, but I forgot what they told me. I do remember that it was the same constriction that the Indian Creek guys liked.

drice561

Just sighted and patterned mine today. I have others, but tested the Browning 3 inch TSS 9 shot. Laser-verified 40 yards. Factory choke threw 141 in 10 inch with extremely dirty barrel. Barrel was dirty from zeroing the optic with field loads.
I believe I should get some improvement after cleaning and polishing the bore.

erikmcgarrh

owlhoot

limhnger

Factory choke
Apex Ninja 7/8oz 9.5s
40 yds
10" circle- 212 strikes

Factory choke
Apex Ninja 7/8oz 9.5s
40 yds
10" circle- 234 strikes

jmart241

Impressive is the bottom target indian creek .390 and were they shot with clean barrel thanks