Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Off topic Where to find a real leather belt?

Started by Sir-diealot, February 14, 2020, 06:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Don't you have any Amish that live near you??
Or Western stores??

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Syn on February 14, 2020, 11:31:30 PM
Check out https://www.millersleathershop.com/ in Hardy. We have been very pleased with everything we have gotten from them.

Joe
Thanks, will look into it.

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 15, 2020, 12:47:01 AM
Or Western stores??
Yes, I got thinking about that last night, the Mennonite I drive around deals with a guy at his tack shop and I am going to get his number from him this morning when we go out coyote hunting and see if that guy can do anything. I have to worry about turnaround time though, this belt is about shot.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

You could just go to the hardware Store and get you piece of rope ..  :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2020, 08:12:52 AM
You could just go to the hardware Store and get you piece of rope ..  :TooFunny:
I have had to do that in the past believe it or not. I have even zip-tied two belt loops together to keep them up.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 15, 2020, 08:14:27 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2020, 08:12:52 AM
I have had to do that in the past believe it or not. I have even zip-tied two belt loops together to keep them up.
Your not the only one , I've done the same also....

dswmsn

I am currently wearing a brown Carhartt 1 1/2" solid leather belt that has held up great. The buckle is sewn in, so it is not replaceable though. They come in larger waist sizes. I like my Nacoma M.O. camo belts that I use for hunting that also come in larger waist sizes. Check out their websites for the type you want and surf that model for a better price on Amazon, etc.

dswmsn

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 15, 2020, 07:37:15 AM
Check out https://www.millersleathershop.com/ in Hardy. We have been very pleased with everything we have gotten from them.

Joe

Or Western stores??
Yes, I got thinking about that last night, the Mennonite I drive around deals with a guy at his tack shop and I am going to get his number from him this morning when we go out coyote hunting and see if that guy can do anything. I have to worry about turnaround time though, this belt is about shot.
You could borrow one of your Mennonite friends suspenders to get you by.. :TooFunny:

Greg Massey

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 15, 2020, 07:55:47 PM

Joe

Or Western stores??
You could borrow one of your Mennonite friends suspenders to get you by.. :TooFunny:
X2 ..LMBO  :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: dswmsn on February 15, 2020, 07:16:33 PM
I am currently wearing a brown Carhartt 1 1/2" solid leather belt that has held up great. The buckle is sewn in, so it is not replaceable though. They come in larger waist sizes. I like my Nacoma M.O. camo belts that I use for hunting that also come in larger waist sizes. Check out their websites for the type you want and surf that model for a better price on Amazon, etc.

Quote from: dswmsn on February 15, 2020, 07:18:27 PM
BTW, Good luck on your weight loss.
Thanks, I know I will do it, had lost quite a bit then the surgeries made it so I could not do much and could not use a knife to cut meat which is something that must be done on this diet. Then had an extra long winter and did not want to go out and walk because I was afraid to fall. Then after it got warm I did fall and tore the supraspinatus tendon in the shoulder (The largest tendon in the shoulder) I was currently at that time in physical therapy for for other parts of the rotator cuff that had been torn previously. Then if I am going to be 100% honest I got complacent and stopped trying. Well now things are more healed up and I can do things except with that left shoulder that I am in PT for.

Once the snow and ice are gone I can do a lot more walking but I do not want to go now because I do not want to fall again and mess myself up worse, bad enough they are telling me I have to have both knees replaced. Only walking I am doing now is to take the dog out.

Joe

Or Western stores??

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2020, 11:00:08 PM

Joe

Or Western stores??

I do have a set of suspender but I hate having anything on my shoulders, more so now after 3 surgeries on them.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 15, 2020, 11:14:03 PM

Thanks, I know I will do it, had lost quite a bit then the surgeries made it so I could not do much and could not use a knife to cut meat which is something that must be done on this diet. Then had an extra long winter and did not want to go out and walk because I was afraid to fall. Then after it got warm I did fall and tore the supraspinatus tendon in the shoulder (The largest tendon in the shoulder) I was currently at that time in physical therapy for for other parts of the rotator cuff that had been torn previously. Then if I am going to be 100% honest I got complacent and stopped trying. Well now things are more healed up and I can do things except with that left shoulder that I am in PT for.

Once the snow and ice are gone I can do a lot more walking but I do not want to go now because I do not want to fall again and mess myself up worse, bad enough they are telling me I have to have both knees replaced. Only walking I am doing now is to take the dog out.

Joe

Or Western stores??

Joe

Or Western stores??

I do have a set of suspender but I hate having anything on my shoulders, more so now after 3 surgeries on them.
I like the wide suspenders myself , not near the problem on my shoulders ...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2020, 11:19:28 PM

Joe

Or Western stores??

Joe

Or Western stores??

The ones I have are pretty wide, and camo, if that matters at all? :D

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 15, 2020, 11:20:49 PM

Joe

Or Western stores??

Joe

Or Western stores??

That depends if you like them camo, i have both...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2020, 11:22:21 PM

Joe

Or Western stores??

Joe

Or Western stores??

I should get some rainbow colored ones so I can look like Mork.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 15, 2020, 11:24:49 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 15, 2020, 11:22:21 PM

Joe

Or Western stores??

Joe

Or Western stores??

I should get some rainbow colored ones so I can look like Mork.
Not a fan of those myself ...