Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Off topic Where to find a real leather belt?

Started by Sir-diealot, February 14, 2020, 06:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Hey can you guys suggest a place to get a good every day use leather belt? No belly leather please, all one piece leather, looking for something that can have holes punched into it in the future as I am dropping weight and must accept belt buckles and I would prefer it be with snaps instead of Chicago screws. My 20 some odd year old belt is about done, one part is torn clear through to the loop. Thanks for the help. Oh right now I would like it to be about a 52" belt. 1 1/2 inch belt by the way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

HookedonHooks

Check out Bryan at Moonshine Leatherworks. He has a Facebook page. Makes extremely high quality leather turkey totes, slings, and belts that are built to last. He can get you hooked up with about whatever you need.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: HookedonHooks on February 14, 2020, 06:39:46 PM
Check out Bryan at Moonshine Leatherworks. He has a Facebook page. Makes extremely high quality leather turkey totes, slings, and belts that are built to last. He can get you hooked up with about whatever you need.
I have him, I will talk with him and see what he can do but would also like some other options as well. Thank you for the suggestion.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 14, 2020, 06:43:04 PM
I have him, I will talk with him and see what he can do but would also like some other options as well. Thank you for the suggestion.
I get mine at our local Flea Market , we have leather guy who can just about make you anything .. but I've seen Moonshine Leatherworks on facebook .. looks like he does great...

Turkz39

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 14, 2020, 06:53:20 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 14, 2020, 06:43:04 PM
I get mine at our local Flea Market , we have leather guy who can just about make you anything .. but I've seen Moonshine Leatherworks on facebook .. looks like he does great...
I got my old belt at a gun shot in Watkins Glen, NY many moons ago, I don't think they do the show anymore thanks to all the anti's out there.

Quote from: Turkz39 on February 14, 2020, 06:59:39 PM
Check out nocona out door belts
I will look into them, thank you very much.

John Koenig:

StruttinGobbler3

Check out Hanks gun belts. I have one and it's incredibly well made with a lifetime warranty. Great for concealed carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Turkz39

No problem,   got to google and put in nocona shotgun shell belt,  I have  been using these belts for several years.  They have a mix camo and leather as well. They are very nice

Sir-diealot

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 14, 2020, 07:09:24 PM
Check out Hanks gun belts. I have one and it's incredibly well made with a lifetime warranty. Great for concealed carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, I will look into that.

John Koenig:

treein dixie

Laying J leather in VA makes the best I have owned and have three of them!!!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: treein dixie on February 14, 2020, 07:54:07 PM
Laying J leather in VA makes the best I have owned and have three of them!!!!
Thanks for the idea, they unfortunately only go to size 44 so they will not work for me at this time. They will eventually though.

John Koenig:

treein dixie

Call Jeff the owner he's a custom shop.  Im sure he can help you and I promise you will like his buckles after I started ill never go back to the old style!!!

My father got his first in his 70's the other day he said he wished he had a belt and buckle like that growing up!!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: treein dixie on February 14, 2020, 08:16:34 PM
Call Jeff the owner he's a custom shop.  Im sure he can help you and I promise you will like his buckles after I started ill never go back to the old style!!!

My father got his first in his 70's the other day he said he wished he had a belt and buckle like that growing up!!!
I will do that tomorrow.

John Koenig:

Syn

Check out https://www.millersleathershop.com/ in Hardy. We have been very pleased with everything we have gotten from them.

Joe

aclawrence

I really like the stuff moonshine has been posting. Super nice!  I need one of those turkey totes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk