OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South Florida Opener...

Started by Smooth_Operator, February 14, 2020, 08:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth_Operator

Looking for some info if anyone can help. I'll be hunting with Ben and Charlie at Swamp Gobbler Outfitters opening weekend (great dudes btw and great hunting) in FL. I've got the week off after as well and plan to do some public land hunting before heading back home to SC.

There are three areas I'm looking at South of SR 70 to hunt, just wondering if anyone in the vicinity can tell me how wet it's been down there lately? Don't want to get there to find out the place I plan to hunt is under water. PM me if you'd like, would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

cracker4112

It varies a lot by locality right now.  South of 70, to the west is pretty dry.  To the east there is more water.  That said, its not  wetter than normal anywhere south of I-4, and some places bone dry.

But its Florida, it can change very quickly.

NCSWAMPFOX

headed to charlies as well. like to talk with you. pm sent

AndyH

Talk to Charley he may point you in the right direction. He and I looked at a place a couple years ago when I was down hunting with him. Can't remember the name of the WA but it wasn't to far from their place. Good luck. I'll be down there with them the last weekend of their season.

camotoe

I was at triple nnn last week pretty dry.

squidd

I've been on two WMAs south of 70 and they are wetter than last year.  Thought it would make for a good Snipe hunt but only kicked up a 1/2-dozen.

Smooth_Operator

Thanks for the response guys, much appreciated

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."