turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Safety awareness

Started by gobbler74, May 09, 2011, 12:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

I have absolutely no tolerance for a hunter that shoots someone for game. They should be banned from hunting for life pending circumstances....blatant point and shoot directly should qualify. I hear this boy is going to make it. I'm sure the shooter will be forgiven. You all please be safe in the woods or field...identify your Target! Va state law says "identify a bearded turkey", making these incidents really hard to swallow.

http://articles.wdbj7.com/2011-05-07/hunting-accident_29521628
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

fl panhandler

The uncle should NEVER be able to hunt again.  There are NO excuses for shoothin another human being while turkey hunting, or for that matter any other hunting activity.  I had a friend get shot 5 years or so ago and the guy that shot him was poaching on his lease in Alabama.  To this day he still picks out shot that "rises" to the surface now and again.  The guy at least called 911, but got NO fine and still hunts to this day.  It still burns me up to think about it.
Rick

gobbler74

There was a hunter here 3 years ago that admittedly shot and killed a man at 50 yards for a bobcat with a 50 cal ml. Never charged with anything.

Get caught hunting without a license or bagging too many deer ex. And see what happens. Pathetic.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

trkehunr93

This is the 2nd incident we have had in VA this spring that I know of.  There is a cold case from 2003 where an out of state hunter was shot with a rifle and killed.  Still have yet to find the shooter on that one.  I have yet to figure out the resemblance between a human and a turkeyor derr!  In VA it is legal to hunt with a rifle and I have encoutered several hunters that carry over unders with a rifle barrel in case they hang up on them.  Scares me to death. No excuse at all!!!!

struttin_1

That is such a shame! It has never made sense to me how these "hunters" mistake another hunter for a wild animal.
Gobbler74 is right...get caught without a license and get nailed to the wall. So why don't these idiots get the book thrown at them???
Trkehunr93 I know what you mean...can't wait for the day that they outlaw rifles in the spring woods!

gobbler74

Don't want to spin this thread off into the blue yonder. I want to say this about "outlawing" particular firearms for certain seasons.. I turkey hunt with a shotgun but I'm an avid supporter of the 2nd ammendment. I don't believe in most areas west of the blue ridge that a ban on rifles is necessary. I hate suggesting a ban on any hunting firearm. Circumstances do play in like down east where its shotgun only for deer because of the flat terrain. If you ban rifles for spring turkey whats next for legislature squirrel season? Be careful about supporting a ban on sporting firearms..remember the 2nd ammendment and our rights. don't give gun activists any more support or legal rulings than they already have. Hunt safe and show others the correct way.