turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF convention best day? And Old Gobbker booths

Started by aclawrence, February 06, 2020, 09:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Hey guys last was the first year I attended the convention. I think I went on a Saturday and it was super crowded. If you could go on any day is Thursday the best time?  I was planning to go Friday but I think it starts on Thursday.  I only live a coupe hours away.  Also if your from old gobbler and will have some kind of booth please comment below. Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeykiller22

This is the first year the show will be on Thursday. I suspect that this will be the slowest day but I cannot be sure. The last hour or so of each day is usually pretty slow as well. I own Foot on DA Head calls. Be sure to stop but and say hello! My name is Drew. I should be at the booth most all day everyday. Booth 1109. Look forward to meeting you!

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Gooserbat

I agree with Drew.  I own Gooserbat Calls so stop by booth 1713 and introduce yourself.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

simpzenith

I would recommend coming out Thursday if possible. I imagine that day will have the smallest crowds of the 3 days, plus the vendors will all have a full inventory of calls, etc.

aclawrence

Quote from: simpzenith on February 07, 2020, 08:37:08 AM
I would recommend coming out Thursday if possible. I imagine that day will have the smallest crowds of the 3 days, plus the vendors will all have a full inventory of calls, etc.
Thanks, I think that's what I'll do. 

KYTURKEY

I agree with all of the above. I think Thursday will be the slowest day. Fridays, overall aren't too bad. The crowds seem to come in waves on Friday. Saturday's are ridiculous. I will be in the Twisting Creek Calls booth with Jeff McKamey and a whole host of other guys. Booth 2014. My name is Patrick. Stop by and say hi.

Patrick

MO HUNTER

This is the first year I will be going and am super excited. Do they auction the calls off that are made for the show? If so, what day do they auction them off?

aclawrence

Quote from: MO HUNTER on February 09, 2020, 04:22:12 PM
This is the first year I will be going and am super excited. Do they auction the calls off that are made for the show? If so, what day do they auction them off?
If you download the app it has a schedule with the auctions and stuff.

jdarnell24

Quote from: aclawrence on February 09, 2020, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: MO HUNTER on February 09, 2020, 04:22:12 PM
If you download the app it has a schedule with the auctions and stuff.

What app. I couldn't find one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aclawrence

There's a whole post about it on this general discussion page right above this one called, "y'all should really get the convention app"