OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth Calls

Started by MCturkey, February 06, 2020, 08:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCturkey

Headed to the NWTF convention next week and looking to grab some new mouth calls. Looking for opinions on easy to run diaphragms I should pick up at the show? I have a few but haven't found one that I really love yet. 

BigSlam51

Billy McCallister makes some killers

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

neal

If you haven't tried them stop at booth 1533 Hooks Custom calls. Lots of options and if you need something completely custom Scott can help you out with that too.

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Gooserbat

Booth 1713, Gooserbat Calls, I'll be offering some great show specials.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

aclawrence

I've only tried a few different brands and only certain calls worked for me within those brands. I think I know what cut I like so I'm going to try to pick up that cut from different companies and go from there. My favorite so far is a raspy red reactor from wood haven. I also likes hooks pretty well.

aclawrence

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 06, 2020, 09:02:12 AM
Hey gooserbat I keep seeing your name pop up. I'll plan to stop by your booth and say hello.

Gooserbat

Quote from: aclawrence on February 06, 2020, 09:41:44 AM
Hey gooserbat I keep seeing your name pop up. I'll plan to stop by your booth and say hello.

Be glad to see you
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

turkeykiller22

Be sure to stop by Foot on DA Head as well. Booth 1109. I would love to show you my call line. You can check them out on the website too.

Thanks!
Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

aclawrence

Sorry to get away from the mouth call topic. Do we have a list of Old Gobbler guys with booths at the show?

Big Jeremy

Boy, is that some good news! I'll be by on Friday to stock up. Gooserbat mouth calls have been my favorite and most consistent since I tried them.

bbcoach

Many Great call makers on here.  Each of us have our go to guys.  I prefer the Hooks calls because they make their calls with smaller tape.  I have a smaller palate so no trimming required.  When you get to the convention, visit as many makers as you can (and there will be plenty) and ask lots of questions.  They will run their wares for you.  Easy to run calls will be 2 or 2 1/2 reed calls.  Get a few that sound good to you and practice.

BigGobbler

I bought several calls from almost everyone of you guys must say all dam good calls. I play around with my own but still like to buy and support you guys on here. Someday I will get to the shows and meet some of you guys. Keep up the good work

nativeks

deerbasshunter3

I am not even sure if they will be there or not, but you cannot go wrong with Legacy. I like the Wild Hunter and the Lone Hen.

Gobble!

Check out Hooks and Gooserbat. My two favorites. Sounds like Dave Ownes will be selling a few calls he's made as well at the KT Team booth, #2117. I imagine those will be high quality.