OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth Calls

Started by MCturkey, February 06, 2020, 08:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

Stop and see the boys from longbeard life and buy a green call they named Pineapple Express. You'll thank me later
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

10thLegionGA

Any calls you get from the KT team booth will be top notch. Kerry's batwing (wing T) is my go to call. Super easy to run and I can squeeze so many different sounds out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennedyh1990

I like the KB Hen made by Houndstooth Game Calls. Extremely easy to run and can do clean yelps or get pretty raspy. Check them out if you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddturkeyhunter

Goosebat calls, I ordered two on line a few days  ago and got them already. I buy all kinds every year just to try, still loooking for that right one. The last winner in GOOSBAT'S giveaway, got Double BIT and liked it. And so do I, give it a try.

TurkeyTamer

Try Pecker Wrecker Turkey Calls, Mr. Kevin Farr. You want be disappointed!!!

CAPTJJ

Quote from: bbcoach on February 06, 2020, 05:08:17 PM
Many Great call makers on here.  Each of us have our go to guys.  I prefer the Hooks calls because they make their calls with smaller tape.  I have a smaller palate so no trimming required.  When you get to the convention, visit as many makers as you can (and there will be plenty) and ask lots of questions.  They will run their wares for you.  Easy to run calls will be 2 or 2 1/2 reed calls.  Get a few that sound good to you and practice.
I agree. smaller size is perfect with no trimming required. They sound great, too, never got a bad one.

Marc

I feel like each mouth call works a bit differently in each person's mouth due to the physiological differences...

Nice thing about mouth calls, is that they are relatively inexpensive, and small enough that you could carry 50 of them into the field without weighing you down.

I like having some moderately raspy calls, and some mildly raspy calls...  Too many times, I have sat in quiet woods, till I pull out that one call...

My current preferences lean towards Gooserbat and Hooks...  Largely due to them fitting in my mouth comfortably, and making good sounds easily...  In "my mouth."
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tom Dooley

David Halloran she devil or total knock out. I try quiet a few every year but these are the only ones that make it to my vest.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Marc on February 12, 2020, 01:08:55 AM
I feel like each mouth call works a bit differently in each person's mouth due to the physiological differences...

This. ^^  To preface the following comments, I'M SURE EVERY CALL MAKER MENTIONED MAKES CALLS THAT ARE QUALITY PRODUCTS....but if somebody buys a mouth call based on what somebody else tells them, they are likely to be disappointed.  That especially applies to those that are new to mouth call use.  What works best for one guy can be wrong for the next guy,...and the variations in call construction are literally endless.  Practice and experience are the keys to mouth call use.  YOU'VE GOT TO LEARN THE BASIC MECHANICS FIRST!!  Without having those fundamentals down, throwing dollars at calls will be a major lesson in frustration for most folks. 

Jfowler82

I agree . Learn the basic fundamentals first will put you on the right track . Find a cut and combination you like and try that call from several different makers . That will usually give you a call or two for the vest and less guess work for the future . And practice in the off season.

LaLongbeard

FOTH(Foot on the Head) are really easy to run.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

macobb

David Halloran and ESH makes good mouth calls for me. Great tone and easy to run in my opinion.
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck