turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun Dipping

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, February 01, 2020, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

I was wondering if any of you guys knew anybody or have some information on someone in the gun dipping business? TIA

Twowithone

Try Color and Camo out of Illinois they did a great job on my shotgun.   :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

neal

Rob Roberts Custom gun works. He does everything for Benelli. Does incredible work. Quick turn around time too.

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Spitten and drummen

Take a look at iron horse hydrographics out of Tennessee. He does excellent work.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

kennedyh1990

Rob Roberts out of Batesville, AR. I haven't had anything done by him personally but have seen his work. It's very good in my opinion

kyturkeyhunter4

Thanks for all the info guys

nativeks

I would find a good cerakote applicator before I dip a gun again. Im getting ready to have the dip taken off 2 of my guns.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: nativeks on February 01, 2020, 05:36:11 PM
I would find a good cerakote applicator before I dip a gun again. Im getting ready to have the dip taken off 2 of my guns.

Wow. I have two dipped. One going on 6 years and my second on 3. I hunt hard with them and other than a little nick here and there , they have held up great for me. What happened with yours?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

WV Ridge Reaper

I have had 4 guns dipped

First was color and camo..They had my gun for 4 months,straight up ignorant people.

Second was Rob Roberts..Yea I bought into that snake oil,first season in chips and cracks all over in the dip..That gun had more permint sharpie marker the actual dip...Also had a yeti cooler lid dipped by them and that thing ended up with more pimples then a 16 year old..funny how that stuff happens to things that just sit on the back of a truck.

Third was Carolina Graphic Enterprises..it's going on 4 years now and looks like it did the day I got it..They just done my 4th gun and also fixed the yeti cooler lid that RR did...anyone can dip a gun but not many people pay attention to the details.

For the OP pick wisely

Spitten and drummen

Nice gun! Im sending my other 2 off to be dipped in greenleaf.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Sir-diealot

Tarjac has a great reputation. Edit: They also do cerakote. http://www.tarjac.com/
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

nativeks

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 01, 2020, 08:01:29 PM
Quote from: nativeks on February 01, 2020, 05:36:11 PM

Wow. I have two dipped. One going on 6 years and my second on 3. I hunt hard with them and other than a little nick here and there , they have held up great for me. What happened with yours?
Both of mine are 10+ years old. All the sharp edges of the reciever as well has the end of the barrel is worn down to bare metal. Some of it is rusting. Camo Solutions did them. They did a good job, but I can get a black cerakote job that is cheaper and will last longer. I can get a camo cerakote job for about the same price. Ill take cerakote over a dipped job any day of the week. Cant figure out how to attach pics.

PALongspur

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 01, 2020, 09:25:40 PM
Tarjac has a great reputation.

I'll second this. They are very easy to deal with and the turnaround time was awesome. They run some great monthly specials as well. Very satisfied with the finished product.

wchadw

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 01, 2020, 08:32:28 PM
I have had 4 guns dipped

First was color and camo..They had my gun for 4 months,straight up ignorant people.

Second was Rob Roberts..Yea I bought into that snake oil,first season in chips and cracks all over in the dip..That gun had more permint sharpie marker the actual dip...Also had a yeti cooler lid dipped by them and that thing ended up with more pimples then a 16 year old..funny how that stuff happens to things that just sit on the back of a truck.

Third was Carolina Graphic Enterprises..it's going on 4 years now and looks like it did the day I got it..They just done my 4th gun and also fixed the yeti cooler lid that RR did...anyone can dip a gun but not many people pay attention to the details.

For the OP pick wisely

Man that looks great. I sent one to someone here in Mississippi and was pretty disappointed

Spurs

Got my sons 20 gauge done by Ethridge Hydro Graphics.  Been on the gun for a few years now and still holding on strong.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Outdoor---Sporting-Goods-Company/Ethridge-Hydro-Graphics-500476916671926/
This year is going to suck!!!