turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help with custom striker.

Started by popapi1, January 31, 2020, 02:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popapi1

Guy's I've TOTALLY depended on Mr. Harold Fowler for stinkers, being he's went on home to the Lord whom else make a great solid striker.

davisd9

Quote from: popapi1 on January 31, 2020, 02:38:21 PM
Guy's I've TOTALLY depended on Mr. Harold Fowler for stinkers, being he's went the Lord whom else make a great solid striker.

Mr. Fowler was my guy as well, so far I have not found one that I will buy from regularly.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ol bob

His son has started making them and they will be the same quality as always.

jgard

Greg Massey

Clay Townsend also makes a fine striker ... his persimmon snakewood is awesome ....

Turkeyman

I really like my Woodhaven strikers.

MDTOM84

I ran some of Mr.Fowler's sons strikers at Unicoi and they were just like Mr.Fowler's.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 31, 2020, 04:08:28 PM
Clay Townsend also makes a fine striker ... his persimmon snakewood is awesome ....

X2
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Loyalist84

Get with JLH here on the forum. He makes a stellar striker, it's like hooking an amp up to your call.

shatcher

JLH on here and Clay Townsend's snakewood with persimmon top.

popapi1

Quote from: ol bob on January 31, 2020, 03:00:46 PM

How do I get in contact with him.

Jrkimbrough

JLH strikers!  Really impressed with the strikers I just got from Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Quote from: popapi1 on February 01, 2020, 05:33:59 AM
Quote from: ol bob on January 31, 2020, 03:00:46 PM

How do I get in contact with him.

Good choice, think I will do the same
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

tnanh

JLH strikers are nice. Neal's strikers sound great and you can choose straight or flared tip and Fred Cox strikers are great too. I have a heavy hickory from JLH, a Dymondwood from Neal, and a Tulip wood from Fred Cox. All three have improved my calling and in general my calling sucks but turkeys come to it occasionally.

popapi1

Just ordered Jeff's(JLM) Heavy Hickory and Frogwood. We'll see how the run on next week Lord willing!