turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Paul Durham

Started by SoIncallcollector, January 28, 2020, 02:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoIncallcollector

Got some new ones from Paul this week. Just thought I would share with you guys. Koa green slate. Shedua glass. Tulipwood/Butternut box. The green slate is one of the best pots I've ever had and the glass is right behind it. Lucky to have em in the vest. Really impressed with these. Paul's craftsmanship is second to none. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sbbow

Those look like some good ones there congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harty

Dandies! Nice additions to you're collection I'm sure.

nitro

Paul Durham makes great calls. Order with confidence !!!
Royal Slam 2008

SoIncallcollector

Thank you guys. They are killers for sure. Every call I've got from him has been top notch and it seems like they get better and better. The green slate is the best pot I've heard. @nitro could not agree more... @pauld is the man.

bear hunter

Gog1015

Contact info please for Paul if anyone has it.

Thanks

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: Gog1015 on January 28, 2020, 03:28:08 PM
Contact info please for Paul if anyone has it.

Thanks
Sending you a PM @Gog1015. Paul goes by @pauld on here.

HookedonHooks

Paul's pots are top shelf and he makes a great box too.

JLH

Those are some pretty calls... but in your hands, im sure they are deadly!

va longbeard

We got similar taste. 

I have a shedua glass over slate and a koa green slate over glass there both great pots and Paul is a great guy.

The koa green slate is a call I picked up at Unicio along with one of Paul's rutland one piece strikers and is among a group of three green slates that are the best I have.

I plan to have that call in my vest this spring its higher pitch than most grey slates but not as high as pitched as most green slates out there kinda of between a grey and green slate in pitch and has some great rasp on the back end.

It plays aggressive when you want as well as soft.

It is a great call.

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: va longbeard on January 28, 2020, 05:50:19 PM
We got similar taste. 

I have a shedua glass over slate and a koa green slate over glass there both great pots and Paul is a great guy.

The koa green slate is a call I picked up at Unicio along with one of Paul's rutland one piece strikers and is among a group of three green slates that are the best I have.

I plan to have that call in my vest this spring its higher pitch than most grey slates but not as high as pitched as most green slates out there kinda of between a grey and green slate in pitch and has some great rasp on the back end.

It plays aggressive when you want as well as soft.

It is a great call.
Yes. Could not have said it better than how you put it. To my ear most green slates are to high pitch for my liking. I know everyone is different and my opinion doesnt mean much though, but Paul's is very versatile. I feel others I have or had I almost have to play aggressively or excited to sound good and just weren't for me.

I also have an osage grey slate over glass and an osage glass over slate that are all turkey as well. Just ordered a koa red slate from him that I'm excited about.

And you are definitely right about Paul being a good guy. That has stuck out to me more than his calls!

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: JLH on January 28, 2020, 05:19:57 PM
Those are some pretty calls... but in your hands, im sure they are deadly!
Thank ya Jeff! That's only cause Ill have a Jeff Harrison striker to run it with! In all seriousness JLH cumaru on this green slate will be a hard combo to beat out this spring. Its nasty!

KentuckyHeadhunter

My main pot call for the woods this spring is a Paul Durham Koa red slate over glass and running it with a Lyman snakewood striker.  To my ears its the perfect combination.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on January 28, 2020, 07:06:16 PM
My main pot call for the woods this spring is a Paul Durham Koa red slate over glass and running it with a Lyman snakewood striker.  To my ears its the perfect combination.
Thats good to hear. Just ordered a koa red slate from Paul today. Really excited about it.