OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your Deadliest Turkey Call?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, January 27, 2020, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Whichever one I happen to be using at the moment.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Cut N Run

I killed more than a few with an old Lynch fool proof.  It sounded great.  I slipped on a rock crossing Robeson Creek broke it.  Couldn't find another with that same sound.

I bought a Quaker Boy field grade boat paddle in the early 90's that has pretty good pull. It goes hunting when I do.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

appalachianassassin

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 06, 2020, 08:46:32 AM
Whichever one I happen to be using at the moment.
my opinion as well. I do, however prefer a suction type yelper. Don't matter which one.

jamo7481

WildTigerTrout

Primos "True Double" and "True Triple" mouth calls. Killed more gobblers with these two calls than any others I own.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

trkehunr93

An old HS Strut Double Duece 2 slate I've had for nearly 20 years, it's been involved in alot gobbler homicides.

timberjack86

Tube, Wingbone and a woodhaven slate

MJW

Cody world class slate and crystal mistress

West Augusta

Glen Marrer glass over glass with either my Dymondwood or Black Locust striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

bigriverbum

the primos hook hunter ghost cut has been in my mouth the last 3 or 4 birds i've killed

zelmo1

Tough one, probably a woodhaven wasp for everything except purring. I use my own pot, slate over aluminum in a padauk pot, for that soft purr to seal the deal on a tough bird.

quavers59

My Lynch World Champion Box. Both sides are Awesome! Bought that back in 1995. And the Tilburg 4" circumference Kee- Kee -Run Double Slate. It looks just like the D.D. ADAMS Super Slate which, I also have with matching signed striker. Bought that in the early 90s .

Marc

HEEERE TURKEY, Turkey, turkey...

Very important to use a reverse crescendo when doing this call...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tom007

Great feedback. I find the Birmingham Lynch boxes have a unique sound. Just got 2 102's, and 1 Alabama 101. Will try them this season. My go to's have been Mike Lapp push pin, (on order with Shannon, looking forward to his), and for pots, Jimmy Schaefer and Cody Spec 1.  The box I have been carrying is the Cody Southern Belle. Good luck to everyone....