turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your Deadliest Turkey Call?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, January 27, 2020, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLGobstopper

Supreme Pure Death in the pinnacle body with a snakewood striker. Got them both for a great deal off here a couple years ago and this combo has easily taken the #1 spot for me.

Sasha and Abby

Kytomgetter

Old Timer

idgobble

Lynch Foolproof I've had for 46 years and a Roberts Bros. I've had for 15.

Longbeardfever4ever

When I can't get a response, I always pull out my hooks Slayer tube and a wingbone. The kalky yelps on that tube are great for pressured gobblers, and the cutting mid morning is just awesome for firing up a property.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Longbeardfever4ever on February 05, 2020, 12:38:49 PM
When I can't get a response, I always pull out my hooks Slayer tube and a wingbone. The kalky yelps on that tube are great for pressured gobblers, and the cutting mid morning is just awesome for firing up a property.
Good point about the tube call. I tried one a while back but didn't give it much of a chance. Might need to carry one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

TN Beard Buster

My personal go to call is a tube call. I use a lot of pot calls, boxes, diaphragms, plus wing bones and trumpets, but something about a tube, will work when nothing else will!

TauntoHawk

I've come across a few really good ones, usually a call gets used for a season or two before I'm on to something else though so I don't have just one that's stood the test of time in my vest.

One call that has vastly over earned price tag in dead turkeys has been a L&L all cedar scratch box for $22 its accounted for 8 or 9 nice Tom's.

Other calls that seem to always find a spot in the vest year after year are

Terry Baker bloodwood/butternut box
Halloran twisted sister
And several good batwing cut mouth calls

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mspaci

Im a tube call guy & diaphrams, but hen boxes are quickly climbing up the favs list, Mike

Rapscallion Vermilion

Hudson Macassar Ebony over English Walnut hen box - it has a vibrato like quality in the mid tones that gobblers seem to lust for

Hoosier2

My David Halloran twisted sister pot is my favorite pot call. Diaphragm call is hands down gooserbats bacon. Great call. Really interested to know if pinhotti sells his diaphragm calls or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I have to give this to two calls, they both helped me get my first turkey this year. I started it off with my Jessie Jefferson of C4 - Crooked Creek Custom Creations American flag Copper call and then finished the bird off with my Apple and Mulberry wood frictionwood call made by Eric Crouse of Grizz Friction Wood Calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bolandstrutters

I killed a pile of birds with an old primos frictionite pot call.  I think it was called the freak.  I think it was mainly the ease of use of that call.  Great for beginners.  The last five years or so my twisted sister has been an absolute killer.  Think I've called in for people and myself about 30 birds. 

Hoot 000

Old Mad super aluminum ,home made cedar scratch box,and mouth call or two usually a Pittman,never been stuck on just one!