OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Decoy suggestions

Started by ThunderChickenHunter21, January 27, 2020, 12:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenHunter21

My avian x 1/4 strut jake finally met his match and need a new one. What's everyone's suggestion? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

They`re expensive, but I like DSD.

tomstopper

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on January 27, 2020, 12:20:49 AM
My avian x 1/4 strut jake finally met his match and need a new one. What's everyone's suggestion? Thanks!

I like the Avains

fallhnt

Funky Chicken

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

RutnNStrutn

My DSD looks great!! But, as noted previously, they are expensive - not that Avians are cheap. I would get the most realistic deke you can afford.

dirt road ninja

What's wrong with it? I filled one with great stuff and it kinda like a DSD.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 28, 2020, 01:57:43 PM
What's wrong with it? I filled one with great stuff and it kinda like a DSD.
Absolutely!!! :icon_thumright: As expensive as DSD's, Avians and some of the others are getting, I'm all about repairing or repainting, if possible.

mtns2hunt

I like  Avians. They are not cheap but work well first week of Spring my Avians always pull in Turkeys. They have fooled the neighbors a couple times as well as many a gobbler.

After the first week I like to work the area and only carry one Avian decoy as it carry's well in its bag with sling.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

CAPTJJ

I need them close and distracted, DSDs have worked for me and I have seen some great close up action. Also, have had great customer service from them in the past.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: CAPTJJ on January 28, 2020, 02:20:22 PM
I need them close and distracted, DSDs have worked for me and I have seen some great close up action. Also, have had great customer service from them in the past.

Great pics!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

SOCOM304

Kytomgetter

I like a DSD but they are cumbersome. I use Avian I like them a lot better

ThunderChickenHunter21

Mine has a few holes in it from a pretty good set of spurs. Wont hold air at all.

1iagobblergetter

I'd buy cheap collapsible carry-lites.Easy to tote around.If you have money burning a hole in your pocket and dont mind carrying them then I'd buy DSD's verse the Avians. Thats going strictly on research and what I've heard and not on experience.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Anyone know of any place to get some that aren't brand new. I've checked classifieds on here but seems that they ain't posted for sale much on here