turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Tote

Started by Aholdren, January 26, 2020, 06:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aholdren

I've been wanting a Turkey Tote!!!  I'm not sure if I want a sling style or just the spurs carrier.  Any pics or ideas will be greatly appreciated!!   
Good luck this spring!!!

Chris O

Captain Hooks on here makes them from para chords. I have 1 and like it. He might have something in the miscellaneous classified I am not sure where to find it but you can probably search it

guesswho

I prefer the sling type.  I have used one for many years.  The first ones we used was nothing more than a little rope with a loop on each end.  Then we upgraded to old shotgun slings, then finally 15-20 years ago to the paracord style.  You can't see it, but get the idea.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RossAnderson

I have the sling style turkey carrier from Otis Leather Company. I hadn't got any good pictures showing the whole strap but their up on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross

3bailey3

I got this one on here, don't remember the guys name but works good.

Greg Massey

Anobody on the forum makes all kinds of gun slings and turkey tote from paracord .. he can make you anything you want and he's reasonable on prices ... fast shipping ....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 26, 2020, 08:30:31 PM
I got this one on here, don't remember the guys name but works good.
Looks like one of Noones or is it Nobody? One of the two.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mtns2hunt

Para cords are nice but can get nasty in rain, snow or mud and I seem to attract every type of nasty weather. It just appears that the weaved para cord is harder to clean. Got bored one winter and made a couple of totes from deer antler, para cord and two steel rings or washers. Made two in fact. I only use single lines and attach (drill through) to the antler, tie both lines about 4 inches from the antler to make the lines run together. Tie two washers or steel rings to the end of the lines.

Can't count the number of turkeys I hauled with these totes. One has a larger handle for longer distances and the other is smaller for those short trips. Also use them for hauling coyotes out of the field. If I get a chance will post pictures.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

MK M GOBL

Made mine from paracord, simple to do yourself and cheap to do. Couple of welded rings at the ends. The wide section in the center softens it on the shoulder.

MK M GOBL

Loyalist84

I made a couple of the spur-type for myself out of paracord, used an improved clinch knot melted closed instead of a metal ring though.

Gobbler428

Try moonshine on here on OG, he makes leather slings and totes which are really nice.

shatcher

x2 for Moonshine Leatherworks.

Pig

X3 for moonshine leather works. His work it top notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

derek

PM Old gobbler member "Captain Hooks" with EZoutdoors for paracord slings. 

Here's his Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/EZOutdoors?ref=shop_sugg   

They work great. Very comfortable toting one out and keeps your hands free.
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com