OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Age and time

Started by Rick, January 21, 2020, 02:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a_jabbo

36 and hunting turkeys for 24 years.

My grandpa showed me the ropes as a youngster. I remember, he would always set his Pennswoods mouth calls on a mantel above the washer and drawer, in what would now be consider a mud room. Being young and foolish, I didn't think about him slobbering on those calls, but I would give it a go at running them. I didn't start taking it super serious until I was old enough to drive around myself, but once I got the hang of calling and calling in my own birds, it was game over for me. Chasing spring gobblers is by far my favorite time of the year.

JLH

53....I got a late start on them. Started hunting turkey about 20 years ago....been seriously addicted for the past 15 years or so.

Before,  I was hung up on deer and antlers....now, I'd rather shoot a jake with my bow than a 150" whitetail.

1iagobblergetter

SwampRooster17

29 this will be my 5th season after them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old turk

am 77 chasing them 40 plus years in and around western n.y.

ArkyRidgeRunna

25 been after them about 15 years

boomer

chasing them for 22

btschirn

52, chasing them for 12 (I cheated myself for the 1st 40.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mozart_hunter

32 years old been turkey hunting for 23 years

perrytrails

51. Took my first bird with a mouth call at 16.

Many years and loved every hunt.

Hope to go many more years, hope you all do the same.

Balla1982

37 started at 12 so got 25 years driving myself nuts over em.

merriamsman

I'll be 65 next month and started hunting turkeys in Louisiana when I was 15. I didn't hunt every year after that, but settled in Montana and have hunted them every year for the last 30 years.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Will turn 51 in May this spring will mark my 43 season. Father called in my first long beard at age of 8. Called and killed first one on my own at age of 13.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

rakkin6

41 only been hunting turkey for about the past 7 years, due to the last 23 years I have been in the Army (just retired) so after 9/11 I missed a lot of deer and turkey seasons.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

ThunderChickenHunter21

32, been hunting them for 12 years

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk